Who knows about King Kooker Brew Stand?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

GeorgeH2013

Reaction score
I see a couple years ago there was a little chatter about these things:

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B00264G584/?tag=skimlinks_replacement-20

Anyone have anything to report about them? Goods? Bads? The price is obviously hard to beat. As long as it doesn't collapse mid boil, it seems like it would work fine.

Anyone doing 10gal batches in keggles on them? I'm curious if it can handle the weight. I could do a little reinforcing if necessary.

Thanks for any input.

-George

Last edited by a moderator:
I got this b/c as you already mentioned the price point is hard to beat. I only do 5 gallon batches but would feel comfortable doing 10 on it.

The pro is easily the price, and it does work ive been using it for a year.

The con it blows through gas really fast and the fire can be kind of wild and if not positioned perfectly it will heat up your disconnects and you will burn yourself until you realize that...and then use a towel to open and close them.

Overall, I do find myself wanting a better burner but it works so its hard to justify.

Thanks, Texas. That's what I was thinking. I'd think you could get into it and change out that bottom burner for a better one, couldn't you?

A picture of it

profilepic216400_1.jpg

You might be able to change the burner I don't see that being too hard on the other hand I don't mess with gas lines makes me too nervous.

setup.jpg

That setup is too tiny. You could never brew more than a thimble of beer on it.

(Edit: Damn. You added a bigger pic.) :ban:

HAHAHAH yeah, I was like WTF that is too small and found a different picture and one in the action thought it might help more.

lol. Thanks, guys. I think I might just pull the trigger. I've stared at it in my Amazon cart long enough I think.

On another note, Texas, is that a sparge arm on that front kettle? You make that or buy it? That's also on my list. Making some upgrades in the next few months....

I have one, also. It's a very reliable burner. Top burner is normal, bottom one is a jet. The jet is great for breezier days and getting temp up quickly, (like getting your boil going again after dropping in an immersion chiller - nearly instantaneous).

Some have taken the top section, and attached it to the side instead, and made a single tier stand out of it. It's a useful and versatile piece of equipment for very little money. I think you'll be happy with it.

Technically, a 10 gallon batch is out of spec for it, but I've done it. A small bit of reinforcement would certainly not be a bad idea, if you wanted to ensure your safety.

That seems like a pretty reasonable price, Texas, for what you are getting there from Northern Brewer. I'll keep that in mind as well.

I pulled the trigger on the King Kooker. Amazon Prime. Should arrive on Friday. Sweet!

Again, thanks for the input, everyone.

Have used one for the past year. The top burner just gave out. My only gripe is that you really cant run both burners at the same time. Sucks a lot of gas and you get very little power out of either burner.

On an off note, recently bought a used Blichman burner to replace and that thing is worth every penny. Quiet, efficient and super hot.

Latest posts

Back