Who Else Shares a Brew With Rover?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Wus67

Reaction score
Just wondering who else enjoys sharing a beer with their favorite four legged friend?

ForumRunner_20111007_225749.jpg

Unfortunately my golden retriever lacks a sophistocated palet and prefers the SWMBO's Bud light, i'll change him soon though.

Be sure to not let him near anything higly hopped as that will earn you a fast trip to the vet

Hops are poisonous to dogs so you might want to reconsider

If have not poured a beer from the keg in a day or two I get a lot of foam and was pouring it on the ground (outside, my kegs are in the garage) and my dog loved it. I now pour it in a bowl for him to enjoy. It is not even more than an ouce or two but he is 200 lb dog so I figure it can't hurt him.

We had a lab a few years back that loved beer. Our beer fridge froze up once and my dad left the tap open by accident. Needless to say, the keg unfroze and flooded the basement with beer. The lab loved it. No ill effects.

I let our little kitten have a taste this weekend. She spent a few moments sniffing and wondering then took a lick...

She jumped backwards out off my lap and out of the recliner like she had been zapped by a shocker! I'm not even sure her tongue had a chance to touch the beer! And it was a malty mild too! I can't even taste any hops in it!

I haven't given any of our dogs beer that I can remember. Well, not the pair that we have today. Maybe tonight. Just a taste.

My dog Kaya loves to lick the tops of beer bottles as I gently tip the dregs towards her. She Keeps on licking long after all the beer is gone.

If I'm drinking low-hopped beer, I give my pooch a few drops of foam once in a while.

Some dogs have serious reactions to hops, others (I've read) don't seem to respond at all. It's probably not good for any of them though.

Back