Who Else is Brewing for New Year's Eve?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

RLinNH

Supporting Member
HBT Supporter
Reaction score
Today, I'm breaking in my brand new 10 gallon Rubbermaid Mash Tun. I almost forgot just how relaxing it is to do a 6 gallon batch. I haven't done a small batch in over 5 years. Anywho, I'm brewing up a Saison for her innaugural run right now. I mashed in a 1420 Hrs. Anyone else bringing in the New Year with a New Beer?

I was thinking of starting the mash at midnight to start the year out right.

I'll be brewing an English Brown either tomorrow or sunday, going to a hockey game tonight.

Hopefully I'll have my keggle finished next weekend to brew a Belgian Tripple.

I was thinking of starting the mash at midnight to start the year out right.

I like the way you think 509. :fro:

Also, here in the North East, we are enjoying a Bright and Sunny 50ish degree day. Hot Damn!!! I broke my Brewing rule though. I'm not supposed to have a beer until the boil starts. Woops... :D

For some reason I got it in my head that I "needed" to brew three batches this weekend ha ha!..

So tonight I'm trying a creation of my own...a Red American IPA and later in the weekend I'll take another stab at my 90 Shilling clone and then 5 gallons of "Black Pearl Porter".

Kudos to the creator of the "Black Pearl" btw...I absolutley love that porter...it's a slightly sweet and creamy porter...hands down the best I've ever had.

Cheers and Happy New Years to all!!

It's Brew Year's Eve! :)

Boiling on my kitchen stove is 4.75 gallons of an AG Belgian Tripel. Hoping this will be good enough to enjoy on my birthday at the end of March.

Once this sucka is in the carboy, boyfriend and I are going out for sushi

water preped new plate chiller tested first big beer tomorrow northern no 1 18 lbs grain 7 oz hops and a 1.118 sg

I brewed the Bee Cave Haus Pale Ale today. Second time I've brewed it, but this is the first all grain batch (first time was mini-mash).

Just added the German Tradition hops at beginning of me boil.... Making a Belgian Dubbel that will be ready to roll for St. Paddy's Day. Wishing all of you and yours a happy and successful New Year.

I have a Honey Brown Ale bottling right now that should be ready NEXT WEEKEND!! aarrrggggh! Guess its store bought brews tonight. oh well happy brew year! :tank:

I'm brewing up a Black Butte Porter Clone when I get home tonight. I'm going to pitch the yeast @ midnight. I have a Cascade/Orange Pale Ale scheduled for this weekend. Happy New Year Homebrewtalk!

:mug:

Just finished brewing a Robust Porter, a test batch for the upcoming NHC. On Sunday i'll be brewing a Dark Mild.

Did my very first partigyle today in a massive 2 mash tun 2 brew pot 10 gallon batch. Chilling the first part (coffee imperial stout) now and boiling the second part (coffee brown ale).

How about brewing a really big big beer, bottling, and opening one up every year on New Year's? for the next 25 years. anyone?

Just put a Black IPA in the fermenter...and a buddy is coming over in a bit and we're doing an Oatmeal Stout on my brewrig for him...it was a great day to be brewing outside and tonight will be just as nice...

I'm about to head for mash out on a hefeweizen.

The maiden voyage of my Rubbermaid 10 gal mlt was a couple brews ago, but instead I am doing the inaugural run on my "Artisan Bread in 5 Minutes" book/method of bread making. Mmmmm, beer and bread, what more do you need?

(never mind, that question was rhetorical, I don't even want to know what else you all "need" ;-P)

Yeah! Just pitched my first attempt recipe of a Victory Hop Devil Clone.

And. . .first brew in my new 8 gallon kettle. Gonna settle back with a few home brewed IPAs & wait for 2011. Life is good :)

I brewed this morning. I made 10 gallons of pale ale wort and split it between two different boils. One got hit with Amarillo and Simcoe and the other got homegrown Chinook and Cascasde mostly as an experiment.

Finished up a honey wheat ale. Had time to clean up and then it was dinner time, not bad timing.

I've just cleaned up after brewing up an extract version of a Hobgoblin clone. It's been on deck for some time now so am excited to try it out when it's ready... by April or May!!

B

I have 2x5 gallons of Scottish Ale going now (mashing since about 5:30 in my coolers overnight). Will finish them up tomorrow. Starting the new year off right.

Latest posts

Back