Who Else is Brewing for New Year's Eve?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Today, I'm breaking in my brand new 10 gallon Rubbermaid Mash Tun. I almost forgot just how relaxing it is to do a 6 gallon batch. I haven't done a small batch in over 5 years. Anywho, I'm brewing up a Saison for her innaugural run right now. I mashed in a 1420 Hrs. Anyone else bringing in the New Year with a New Beer?

Yes I brewed a partial grain kit yesterday afternoon and deep fried the new years bird (turkey injected with Texas Pete too) all was completed and ready by 5pm ready to begin drinking.....

So today I woke up and fired up a batch of Raspberry wheat the first beer of the Brew Year!!! Happy 2011 :mug:

I was drinking Weyerbacher Double Simcoe IPA all night after a 24 gallon brew day to kill 2010. After 8 or 9 Simcoe's< I was really glad I was only at our neighbors house. Happy new year to all!
tom

Dawson's Kreik on the 1st. Keeps us from having to remember what day we brewed on!

I am stoked! Looks like I'm brewing on New Years. The order for my next two brews, that I placed YESTERDAY from Rebel Brewer just arrived in Kansas City 20 minutes ago via Fedex!

Brewing up my first Schwarzbier which is mashing as I type. Looking forward to this lager, and also to getting a lot more use out of my Lagering freezer in 2012. Happy New Years HBT. :mug:

I am going to attempt the byo stone pale ale clone that supposedly came from stone directly.

Brewed last night, an IPA with a generous dose of honey malt and trying out wlp007 for the first time. Airlock was rocking this morning!

Brewed up a batch of hard cider and some Orange Wheat Beer - the USPS came thru this afternoon w/ the DME I was waiting for to get 'er done...

Just put 10 gallons of American Cream Ale into the fermenter. Not my best brew day ever, but certainly not my worst. Over 50* here in Nebraska, so I could brew comfortably outside.

11.50 Gallons of Schwarz Bier into the Lagering freezer. Only got it down to 59 degrees with te immersion chiller, so I'll wait until the wort gets to 52 degrees before I add the yeast. 78% eff. HAPPY NEW YEAR!!! :ban:

Treating my aluminum turkey fryer right now, and brewing my first home brew (hopefully of many) tonight! Very psyched!

I'm teaching someone to brew today. I did a batch that he watched and now he's doing a batch that I'm standing by on in case he has questions.

Brewed up 5 gallons of my amber (with a few tweaks) this morning. About ready to take my Scottish ale over to friends for the new years party.

Happy new year!

Prepped grains, cleaned kettle, mash tun, sparge, & fermenter. Smacked yeast & killing last of 2011 batch of keg tonight. Ready to brew when I stop feeling like a zombie around noon!

A few things went wrong. I am not worried... Gotta learn by doing. In the primary, and it's not even midnight! I think that deserves a Ruination or Panzer Wolf! The sad thing about this being my first is that I can't reward myself with a home brew!

Happy new years, almost!

Did the NB AK47...

4g went into a 5g carboy.

1g went into a wine jug with a small handfull of juniper berries. After our year of forest fires I thought we should use _something_ of the few trees left.

Cheers and happy new years!

Back