white stuff on side of my carboy

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

qwkdrw

Reaction score
My Ipa has been in primary fermentation for 12 days and to day i looked at it and it has some white spots on the side of the carboy. They were not there yesterday and i took a gravity reading yesterday and tasted the beer it taste good. What could this be?

Post a pic and I can almost guarantee most of the experienced brewers on here have seen it before and will be able to help you out.

qwkdrw said:
My Ipa has been in primary fermentation for 12 days and to day i looked at it and it has some white spots on the side of the carboy. They were not there yesterday and i took a gravity reading yesterday and tasted the beer it taste good. What could this be?

A photo would help us better assess what you're seeing in your carboy.

20130203_105205.jpg

ok thanks, so I was going to rack to a secondary on monday? Does this mean it ready to go to secondary or leave it longer?:)

Always use a hydrometer 2 days apart to see if the beer is at a stable FG before racking. Otherwise,it could stall out & not finish fermenting.

had the same reading 2 times so going to go to secendary tomorrow and dry hop... thanks again for your help

Back