White Labs WLP075 Hansen Yeast

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Beer-lord

Supporting Member
HBT Supporter
Reaction score
I ordered this yeast from the yeast vault earlier this year (2 packs), made some big starters and used this for 7 different beers. I really, really like it as I was getting tired of 05/1056/001 though I do love that strain as I am a huge IPA and Pale Ale brewer.
I've found the yeast to bring more to my beers and wish they'd make this a standard yeast.
So, if you've used it, I'd like to hear what you think. If you haven't, go to the vault and order some because I can't wait for 214 more orders to get mine again!

^agreed! I wish I saved some, I got 6 batches out of my vial building up starters and splitting the yeast. Stopped due to contamination concerns, I will put in an order now.

I'd love to help you out, but there seems to be a slight glitch with the shipping charge. It comes in at $900.00. I'll join in when they fix that.

Now if Chris White is delivering the yeast and brewing with me I'd be ok with that, but I'll need confirmation before I order. ;)

Here's the link to check out the WLP075 and all the other Yeast Vault offerings. https://www.whitelabs.com/yeast-vault

Have you considered banking some? There was a really good how to on here about freezing yeast that makes it simple.

I took a small sample of my Vault strains and put them on slants and made some glycerol stocks I keep in an ice pack lined Tupperware in the freezer. You can get everything you need for relatively little on amazon. Now if I really want to use one of these strains I can pull them out of my vault.

For the slants, basically you make up some starter wort. Pull aside 50mL or so and add 0.5g of agarose to dissolve. Then add 5- 7mL or so to each vial and prop them up on an angle while they cool to get the slanted agar.

These are the major supplies for slants (enough for you and a few friends to share)
Vials (I like the wider lined opening of these and they are borosilicate)
Agarose (keep in mind you only use 0.5g of this per 50mL (10- 12 vials)
Inoculating loops (these are great because you can alcohol and flame them to reuse over and over)

Back