which faucet to get?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
I'm finally going to upgrade from picnic taps to a proper keezer. Im looking at going with kegconnection kit and building a collar. The question I propose is which faucet should I get? Options: 525PC 575SS 630SS

Big price difference since Im thinking three taps between PC and SS. Is chrome really that bad? How long would they hold up before potential chip/corrosion?

If SS, which one? the 575 seems like a great way to have a friend spill beer all over. The 630 was initially reviewed poorly? I can't get a very conclusive answer to which of these is the better option. 630 is slightly more per tap.

Either way it would seem avoiding the cheap faucet is a must, just need to decide if PC is ok vs SS really.

Thanks for the help!

Edit: this should probably be in the kegging section not equipment, sorry.

My experience has been that the stainless taps are quite a bit better. I've broken brass taps before, mostly taps that don't get used often (once a week or so). Stainless taps are just more sturdy. For myself I have been looking at Perlik forward sealing faucets, but just haven't yet.

The 575 is worthless in my opinion. The "creamer" function can just as easily be achieved by barely pulling on a normal tap. And, yes. It is a great way to have a buddy spill beer all over the floor.

In his defense, once he realized it wasn't shutting off he did try putting his head under and drink the spilling beer before it ended up on the floor.

I have three of the old 525SS (now 630 SS, I guess?) in addition to the 575 and would avoid the 575 if I had to do it over again.

Sent from my iPhone using Home Brew

fwiw, you can convert a 525 to a 575 or vice versa by swapping the faucet lever and bearing cup. Cost is just under $14* last time I looked.

I actually picked up a 575 lever and cup set just because I wanted to acquire a lifetime supply of o-rings for my half dozen 525-SS Perls and even with like a hundred of each style ring I still hadn't reached the $25 minimum order!

Which is what that * was for: you might have to actually phone someone at Perlick and plead to skip the $25 minimum to get that conversion set for $14 :eek:

Cheers!

Back