Where to find Rubbermaid coolers in Canada?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bol

Reaction score
I'm finally making the plunge into all grain and although I've started a setup using 5 gal Igloo coolers (the only circular coolers I could find) I know that I will want to increase the MLT/HLT volumes to 10 gal at some point.

Have anyone else in Canada found a source for the 10 gal Rubbermaid coolers?

Although the cube and rectangular coolers are an option, I want to stay away from them for storage reasons.

Ironically enough if I had to order them internationally it might actually be cheaper to go with an all stainless setup.

They are almost impossible to find this time of year. The only places that will be stocking them right now are tool shops that specialize in outfitting contractors. They will probably charge $100 or possibly more (e.g., here).

Your best bet might be to shop eBay and hope for a deal with cheap shipping.

They are almost impossible to find this time of year. The only places that will be stocking them right now are tool shops that specialize in outfitting contractors. They will probably charge $100 or possibly more (e.g., here).

Your best bet might be to shop eBay and hope for a deal with cheap shipping.

Yikes, that is pricey for a cooler. Granted even the 5 gal Igloo's were $40 ea so maybe 2.5x for twice the capacity and arguably higher quality is worth it. I might have to consider it, especially since I can still return the Igloo's as I haven't used or modified them yet.

Phone around all the Home Depot and Rona stores in your area. Maybe someone still has one sitting up an a shelf somewhere collecting dust. They probably retail for about $70.

Or have a look at the rectangular coolers again. Is space that much of an issue?

Well I bit the bullet and ordered them from Acklands-Grainger. They were cheaper than in the catalog. Nobody in town had any and I figure shipping would cost me more anyways.

Well I bit the bullet and ordered them from Acklands-Grainger. They were cheaper than in the catalog. Nobody in town had any and I figure shipping would cost me more anyways.

Glad to hear they were cheap than the catalog price. Do you mind if I ask how much?

$80 on line at Home Hardware.

http://www.homehardware.ca/Products/index/show/product/I6456854/name/cooler_water_orange_10g

I'm finally making the plunge into all grain and although I've started a setup using 5 gal Igloo coolers (the only circular coolers I could find) I know that I will want to increase the MLT/HLT volumes to 10 gal at some point.

Although the cube and rectangular coolers are an option, I want to stay away from them for storage reasons.

Ironically enough if I had to order them internationally it might actually be cheaper to go with an all stainless setup.

Yeah tried them too, they said they usually get them during the summer and are not able to order them currently. I phoned every store and every branch of Home Depot/Rona/Home Hardware/etc and various outdoor stores as well as the industrial building stores.

They were $102 at Acklands-Grainger and the only place in town who is able to even order them.

It stings, but what are you going to do. I've probably spent at least an hour or two phoning around trying to source them so I think I've exhausted the options. Definitely learning the hard way that if you want certain item's you're going to have to pay to play since next to nothing is available locally or even nationally.

I wanted the 10 gal Rubbermaids because most everyone else is using them, I didn't want to re-invent the wheel, or make a manifold for a cube/rectangle and that the 5 gal could be too small since I plan on fly sparging. I'd rather do it the way I want the first time, rather than change my mind down the road which will end up costing more.

I smuggle them across the border. It will cost you $2500. However, it will be full of cigerettes.

Back