Where to find juice in N.C.?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

laundryman

Reaction score
Good Morning All!

I'm just over the hill from Asheville, N.C. Any of you guys have suggestions where I could find fresh juice for cidermaking?

I live in Greenville SC, so I'm going to be up that way soon looking for juice. I know Hendersonville is the largest apple producing region in NC. I think the apple season is just starting to ramp up around here. I'm going to be looking around the area after my wedding at the beginning of October. I'll let you know what I find out.

I live in Greenville SC, so I'm going to be up that way soon looking for juice. I know Hendersonville is the largest apple producing region in NC. I think the apple season is just starting to ramp up around here. I'm going to be looking around the area after my wedding at the beginning of October. I'll let you know what I find out.

One place that sells cider is skytop orchard (in NC). I live in Simpsonville (right next to Greenville) and am planning on making a trip up there. I plan on calling and getting some pricing first though.

I'm not sure what the laws are in NC as far as pasteurization, but in SC you can get it 100% raw, unlike in GA. You can take 107 south out of Cashiers and into SC, and there is a stand on your right called Mountain Rest Orchard, they have excellent fresh press cider. Careful, there are two stands. You will stop at the one that actually is surrounded by apple trees, stray cats, and a toothless old man 2 sips into his flask of apple jack.

Back