Where to fill a 5lb CO2 tank in NH

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Helper

Reaction score
Hello everyone,

I recently got a brand new 5 lb CO2 tank with a kegging system I just recieved and I am having trouble finding a place that will fill it. I have contacted Airgas in Dover but they only allow you to swap tanks out. Does anyone know a place, relatively close to Rochester NH, that will fill your 5 lb CO2 tank on site?

Thanks for your advice in advance,

Helper

Might wanna ask in the bottling/kegging section. In general, look for welding shops or fire extinguisher shops. They move a lot of CO2 and are usually happy to fill tanks.

Thanks everyone! I just found a welding supply shop that does it!

I've had mine filled at airgas in Dover. 22 bucks. Yeastern homebrew does exchanges for the same price. AG in Portsmouth does exchanges as well, not sure on price.

I just do swaps. I was all hot on the idea of "I have a brand new tank I want to keep and fill it" but a fill was the same price as a swap. And if you swap the date stamp doesn't matter, they will always take it. Also I got a swapped tank that leaked out of the handle when I turned it on, they took it back and gave me a full one. Now sure, if I own a tank it's less likely to have a problem, but it would be my problem.

On the other hand, with propane tanks I save money with fills. I've just found that filling C02 vs swap was the same price.

How did All Welding Supplies work out?

They are right around the corner from me. I had been going to a Fire Extinguisher place in Somersworth to get my bottle filled but they are gone now. I don't want to lose my Aluminum 10lb in an exchange at Airgas.

Good, they fill CO2 on Fridays so you can drop it off earlier in the week and pick it up later. Last time I filled it was $30 for a 5lb fill.

Back