Where do you buy online?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

danz

Reaction score
I just found out my wife cousin's fiancee is getting into brewing and its been fun helping him but the price of grains and extract are inflated as can be expected. Is there an online vendors that offers reasonable shipping to Alaska?

I'm surprised nobody replied. Maybe I can be of some assistance. First where is he located? If he is located in the Anchorage area Arctic Brewing Supply has everything you'll need, plus good folks working there. They also ship with in the state and may be the best bet, they'll know the ins and outs. There is a brew supply in the Valley, Wasilla and Palmer area, but I have not been in there. Shipping can be a hassle and requires some doing to find a shop that USPS flat rates. I'm in rural AK and I usually buy in large quantities every time I make into ANC. Hope this helps, sorry its taken so long.

Alaska Homebrew Supply is my go-to for large quantities of malt and they deliver to Anchorage a couple times a week. Very reasonable prices. Arctic Brewing Supply is a little more expensive, but they are super helpful and it is sometimes nice to be able to taste grains and see ingredients first hand.

I have yet to find an online store that has reasonable prices for shipping of ingredients to AK; all seem to add a surcharge even for USPS.

I will 2nd that! Alaska Homebrew Supply is the best way to go.
He has the best prices in Alaska

I second that. Niko has the best prices and the hops are fresher than what you can normally get in AK. They ship from Bellingham, WA, so I usually get mine in 2 business days.

Awesome thanks guys, I have been supporting him via Arctic Brewing Supply. The prices are higher but seems to be a good local resource. I will pass along Alaska Home Brew Supply, are there any other online retailers you use to order products? I had him stock up on hops from Niko so he has nice versatile stash of hops and just need to help him with yeast banking to offset the grain cost up there.

My wife and I are visiting them this summer in Anchorage, any breweries I should check out?

Thanks everyone!

I have not found any online retailers other than Amazon that do not charge extra to ship to Alaska, even when the shipment is going out via USPS.

For breweries, check out
1. Midnight Sun (great beer and food)
2. Anchorage Brewing company (beer only)
3. King Street brewing (beer only, close to ABC)
4. Resolution Brewing company (beer only, close to food)
5. Glacier Brewhouse (food and beer, in downtown)
6. Arkose Brewing Company (in Palmer, beer only)

There are also breweries or brewpubs in Homer, Seward, Talkeetna, and Fairbanks if you happen to go in those directions.

Back