Where do you brew?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Where do you do most of your brewing?

• In the kitchen-- my temporary brew house, gotta gather up everything I need each time I brew.

• Outside-- my temporary brew house, gotta gather up everything I need each time I brew.

• In a dedicated section of my house/dwelling-- no temporary setups for me!

• In a dedicated stand-alone brew house-- the pinnacle of homebrewing evolution!

Results are only viewable after voting.
I have a dedicated 16x25 (400 sqft) non-conditioned brewhouse where I brew, store the equipment, and ferment.

Of course, it's also dedicated to some random tools, yard supplies, a couple cars, etc....

beer010-1.jpg

Looks like you're using the same model burner I'm about to buy so I can move outdoors-- how do you like it? Everything I've read so far has been very positive about it.

-Steve

I am really happy to have moved out of the kitchen last year, and into our garage/basement combo. The basement is walk up from the street with double doors, the brew kettles sit in the driveway, out of the house. All of my gear is in the garage, and the fermenting area (tubs, fridge, keezer) is in the basement.
I need to take some pix while brewing - Gallery :: House July 2005 :: P7010026

Kitchen brewer here. I'm lucky enough to have a 15K BTU burner on my stove that can get 7 gallons to a boil and a family that likes the smell of boiling wort.

+1 for AC in July and heat in January in Middle Tennessee.

I have banned from brewing in the house, so in the garage with the door open. It is not really a big deal, everything is rather handy to get to from there.

Outside of the garage. In the garage if its raining, so I can brew on the day I plan.

I have no basement, or wife, so I can do whatever the Heck I want!

I have brewed using the back of a pick up truck and some boards to make the 3 tier setup, and have brewed on the cellar stairs of the last house I owned. Gravity is my friend.

Beer is fermenting in my bedroom right now with a window air conditioner on to keep it sixty some degrees. I have to turn off the AC to sleep, but it comes back on during the day when I am at work.

Daym, my bedroom smells GOOD!

David the happy simple brewer

Outside on the deck. Got a utility cart & the wheel barrow that I use too bring gear out with.
Garden hose the mess away.

Garage kitchen never even thought about It.

I brewed in the kitchen today. I could have brewed in the garage like I usually do, it was little cool today...only 106f outside

I brew in my 30’ x 40’ shop with a propane burner. Have to setup and tare down each time. :rockin:

I mash inside cause it's just easier then I boil outside on the deck and patio cause it's less smelly!
I just got a dedicated fridge and will be gettting my temp controller by the 9th so I'll be fermenting in our spare/family room(yeah lagers)
It is amazing to see just how creative we homebrewers can get when it comes to finding a place to brew!
We ROCK!

I agree with arturo; I, too, am a garage dweller. I keep everything out there in closed containers and wash/sanitize before I use it. My work benches come in very handy holding my coolers full of wort - basically the only thing I use them for at this point!

Either on my driveway or garage depending on the weather and temperature. The hotter it is the more I brew on the driveway. I don't get very good air circulation in my garage. I also have all my equipment in the garage on shelves or in cabinets. I keep all of my grain and hops in a dedicated freezer in the garage as well.

I chose #3, because all I do is wheel it to the edge of the garage and brew, but I guess that means I should have chosen #2. I brew small 2.5 gallon batches, and I don't sparge. This set up is a piece of cake. I brew in about 3.5 hours, and bottling is quick with only 20 or so bottles to fill.

Brew Stand Foto.jpg

Not dedicated to only brewing, but plenty room for brewing,drinking, cooking,eating and whateverelse you like.
5ab9a163.jpg

That is an interesting picture. The Fluer De Leis and the door that goes to ... nowhere? Nice digs. My kitchen is tiny.

My wife wants to remodel. 'm thinking - OK make it more useful for brewing. :)

We need a bif sink for cleaning all of the pots and other stuff. A bullet proof counter would be nice too

That door goes to the attic.
Water heater,air condioner,ect.
We get so many comments on the door. :)

Just bought a SP50 burner, a 9 gallon kettle, and started doing full wort boils about 4-5 batches ago :rockin: so I'm on the back porch under a 10x20 party tent we set up over our deck for the summer. We'll have to see what happens in the Michigan winter. I may have to clear out our little shed!

Started on our deck but that has changed now to the in-laws deck by the pool 10mins away, that way when its too hot I can jump in and cool off.

I'm a kitchen dweller...I do 5 gallon AG batches on an electric stove with full boils. The biggest downsides in my setup:

1. It takes awhile to get all the equipment out of storage closets.
2. Dripping liquid on the floor (luckily I have concrete floors)
3. Low flow out of the kitchen sink due to an inline charcoal cartridge filter on the cold side.
4. Steam from the kettle tends to overwhelm the microwave hood, so I have to keep a towel on hand to catch the condensation.

I live in an apartment, so I'm stuck in my dinky little kitchen with my dinky little stove for the time being. :(

The 3rd car garage is as "dedicated to brewing" as you can get as I have my chest freezer, kegerator, and other equipment in there. I do share the space with my 2 cats, but I decided to consider them "assistant brewers" and chose option 4.

Depends on the beer, time of year, number of yellow jackets, and right now trying to not freak the barn swallows that have clutched on the patio too much. They catch yellow jackets and feed them to the chicks.

crw_5855.jpg

I'm stuck brewing outside until I can build a little brew house outside. I just hate moving all my equipment from the basement to the rear deck every week.

I hate yellow Jackets.... Need me some barn swallows.

I'm rocking 3 gallon All-Grain and Partial Mash batches in my kitchen. It's one of the easyest places in the house to clean, and it already has gas and water.

To say I'm lazy ignores the fact that I also don't like being outside.:D

Back