Where do I find/make hose section to fit a flare ball lock?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SteelCityBrewery

Reaction score
I have a few of these and was wondering how to make/buy some hose for these. I like the fit much better. Thank you guys for the help!

ball-disc-beer-threaded-340x340.jpg

Yeah, you need some swivelnuts on the end of the hose. I also recommend getting/using Oetiker clamps for the barb end of the nut. I tried the worm clamps early on and found they [simply] suck. You'll get sliced very easily on them, and they can be a biotch to get to seal up right. Super easy with Oetiker clamps, since they WILL grab all the way around the hose (unlike worm clamps). Plus, the clamps are cheaper (per unit cost) to use.

The hose that I used for this actually was capped and had a nut for screwing right to the ball lock.

Then what's the issue?? I use mfl ball lock QD's on everything. All my hoses have swivel nuts on them. As long as the thread on the QD has some plastic on it (look at the plastic MFL versions) you're fine. If it doesn't have that on them, then you need to get the plastic item that goes between the nut and the thread. Basically you need the "tailpiece washer" in there. Yeah, it's a 25 cent part. I usually order them 10 at a time.

Back