When it Rains.....

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

patthebrewer

Reaction score
Sometimes life really has way of beating you down. This week My Father In law, with home I was very close, and whom I Personally took care of in his last weeks, Lost his year long battle with Esophageal Cancer. Our family is heart broken. Over the past few years I've had to have a few of "Those" talks with my three young children, now they have lost their beloved "Opa".
Really rips your heart out to see your kids reaction to these kinds of things.
Wife is devastated that her Dad didn't even get to see our fourth due in May. .....and to top it all off. My wife, myself, my son, my MIL, and My BIL all have gotten the flu. Makes making all the arraignments near impossible to take. Very much a "when it rains......."

It always seems like that, when one thing goes, the dam seems to break and everything goes wrong. Been there, done that, grabbed a lifejacket to keep my head above water, and just tried to ride the storm out. Hang in there. Condolences to you and your family.

My condolences to you and your family. Very difficult thing, watching a parent die, cancer took my mother 15 years ago. She died at home with all of us there. My father followed her 3 years later in the same room.

Celebrate his life and keep his memory in your hearts and his life will go on through you and your children...

just remember: when life pours you lemonade, there's always beer somewhere ;) always sad to hear stuff like this. never had to deal with this myself, but i was there when my wife saw it. i know he was looking forward to seeing another grandkid, but at least he got to see 3 of yours. could have been worse. my dad will never see any of mine

Hang in there. It's rough right now, but your family will get better and you always have the good memories of your FIL. The circle of life goes on and on. Once in a while I make a a joke about not being there for my kids and it's a bit shocking for them, but it's true. You just gotta take the best out of whatever happens.

I hope when I go people don't stand around weeping. I'd much rather they find whatever it is that makes them happy and get on with LIVING as soon as possible.

I'm sorry for your loss. I've been told God only gives you what you can handle and with me, he obviously has thought I can't handle much as I've not had too much to deal with.
My FIL died within 3 days of a heart attack and I was at his bedside those last 3 days in the hospital and it's rough and tough to go thru.
As has been said, celebrate his life.

Thank you all for your well wishes...truly a great bunch of people on HBT.

Back