What's your occupation: Engineer or Non-Engineer

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

What's your occupation

• Engineer

• Non-Engineer

Results are only viewable after voting.
I went to school for electronics engineering. 12 years later I'm a locomotive engineer. Yes, I drive the train. Does that count?

LOL... They used to call me the train driver. I've never been aboard one so if you're actually driving one? Yes that counts... ;)

Network/Server 0perations manager. Refused to be called a techie or engineer. That's almost as bad as being an Apple Genius, well maybe not as bad. Oh, and I hate computers and non brewing related gadgets.

Clinical mental health counselor. I assess people who are homicidal/suicidal/psychotic and determine if they need to be in a psych facility against their will. Brewing lets me challenge myself in a much different way.

I'm not an engineer but I am a Sys Admin which is technical and entails some engineering of networks, hardware, and process mechanics.

I'm a maintenance manager that has engineers who report to me. Me myself, not an engineer. I do sleep with a metallurgical engineer every night though and I gotta tell ya, does not help the beer taste better!

NON
Years ago I was doing a roof and the the homeowner(engineer) came out with the entire roof and each shingle laid out to scale on graft paper.He tried telling how to lay out a roof.I looked at him with a blank stare and went back to work.

Clinical mental health counselor. I assess people who are homicidal/suicidal/psychotic and determine if they need to be in a psych facility against their will. Brewing lets me challenge myself in a much different way.

you just stay the hell away from me, mister. ya hear?:pipe:

Stationary Engineer. I work with Boilers and Chillers/Absorbers. Great Union job!

Not as fancy as some other types of engineers... but at least I don't work in a cubicle!

BS in Electronic Engineering Technology.

Work as a process engineer for a wireless company.

Definitely want to design a brew station in the future.

Transportation engineer. A superhero of sorts tho I'd rather not toot my own horn and reign down my own accolades even if they are well deserved...

Originally went to school for chemical engineering...made it to my senior year and found my passion in environmental health science.

Earthquake geophysicist here!

But because studies on seismic hazard and ground motion have rather important implications for the built environment, I've worked with engineering seismologists/geologists, civil engineers, and structural engineers on things.

I guess, if we're really going to walk that fine line, I was part of an engineering department for six months...

Electrical tech with a background of startup and comissioning of combined cycle/peaker generation plants. Most recently I got off the road and took a job at the city's waste water treatment plant. Oddly enough the process is pretty similar to brewing.....

Retired Fire Dept. Battalion Chief. No time for an occupation anymore.

10730828_10205318017539655_962145468255696528_n.jpg

One is too many so what is enough? Lol spent years in production managment so engineers were necessary but a constant p.i.m.a.

Chemical engineer, but I design biotech manufacturing facilities. Used to be a consultant for 10 years, but just took a job with one of my clients. I start on Monday.

Non engineer who dislikes what this thread title implies.

That if you ply any other trade than engineering, you're not "one of us"? :D

It is an interesting way to put it - I've met some engineers that certainly think that way but I don't find it favorable. :drunk:

I can't remember whether or not I was studying in Mech Eng when I posted here before - but Ocean Engineer BS and MS.

I run an EDM dept at a machine shop. Lots of medical stuff, high end o-ring molding, and other things. Engineers are useful and necessary, but are normally a PITA.

Looking at correlation between brewing process and engineering regimen. People who like process control and technical side of brewing have engineer tendencies or are engineers.

Latest posts

Back