What's your favorite glass?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

celticdevildog

Reaction score
I know that many of us on here are "beer snobs", "beer geeks", "beer nerds" or whatever you want to call yourself. With that we know that there is a proper glass to serve beer in for it to taste the best. However, how many of us have a 'go-to' glass? The one that just seems to find beer in it most and makes us just a little bit happier for drinking out of it.

For me it always seems to be this glass.
P1050157_zps96982aeb.jpg

And it just seems right when it's filled with beer.
P1050158_zps8cd7c8d9.jpg

I'm the only beer drinker in the house. Only have 3 glasses...2 shaker pints and a big pilsner. Will use whichever for whatever. Not picky.

Pair of Spiegelau IPA glasses my GF got me for our two-year anniversary (quite a task here in China!), although I wish I had been brave enough to buy a Sierra Nevada-branded one in the US this summer (with a hop etched on the base for effervescence) and carry it back in my luggage.

The glass with beer in it. I don't care about the others.

Sam Adams, RSC, bar glass, it works. Try a sour in a 1 quart Ball jar - get a snoot full of funk from all that headspace. Whoooo.

I have many glasses but typically I drink from my Tulip, best all purpose.

My best setup I had was IPA for IPA, Tulip for belgians, Pilsner for pilsner, english pub for Pale ales, Snifter tulip for barleywines, and Goblet for belgian strongs and things of that nature.

I busted my IPA glass though so I care less now and basically use my Tulip for everything. I want the Duvel Tulip for the laser etching.

My dream setup is

file_28_16.jpg

file_27_73.jpg

sigglass1.jpg

duvel.jpg

!B5p2-tgBWk~$(KGrHqQOKjgEyPCBQWGYBMugUnPgdg~~_3.JPG

Basically I want the big styles covered with Laser etching to maximize aroma.

I like a Pilsner glass on occasion, typically drink from pints, have a couple local made pottery mugs.... though I am not above the old reliable Red Solo Cup.

I like the New Belgian tulip glasses but if I had to pick just 1 glass that would have to work for every style I would choose a pint mason jar. Apparently I am beer snob not a glass snob.

I like the standard pint glasses. The tulip glasses piss me off because they just remind me of when restaurants serve you a 8.0% beer in one and charge you 3$ more for nearly half as much beer....

I'd have to say though, I really enjoy drinking from my dad's glass beer mug from his college days:

image-2247215786.jpg

Pretty much use this glass for most everything except the Belgians and other big beers. Plain jane glass that I found in the cupboard, took the dremel with a pointy stone to the bottom of the inside of the glass to create a nucleation spot, works okay...

another pumpkin ale.jpg

Nucleated glass bottom.jpg

For me, nothing beats a big ass Nonic Pint glass. Unless I'm drinking Belgians when I use a tall tulip chalice.

image-4093726962.jpg

image-2111643785.jpg

I normally use my trusty LSU pint glass for majority of beers. I do grab my pilsner glass from time to time and the others every now and then so they don't feel neglected.

I have a standard pint glass that used to be my grandfather's back in the 70's. If guests are over I prefer the tulip glasses, just makes beer drinking become "classy" that way.

I'm on a tulip and snifter kick! I love the way a stout looks in a snifter with a nice big head.

My favorite from bayreuther brauhaus doesnt get much use as I want to keep it around awhile. A friend picked this up in Germany from the brewery this last summer, only had a few hefes out of it.

The tallgrass can has been my go to lately since I cant get enough of the vanilla buffalo sweat :D Cool thread btw!

2013-07-28 10.25.59.jpg

2013-11-27 16.38.09.jpg

I go for a nonic imperial pint glass or the Sam Adam's pint glass.

I enjoy using the Sam Adams Bell style glass. I have a few different glass to choose from, that one is my favorite. I also have a .2 liter tulip that I really enjoy.

I go back and forth between my nonics and willi bechers. For stouts, Belgians, and sours I reach for my Deschutes stemmed tulip.

I have a tulip that fits a 12oz brew. That is my go to, great aromatics. otherwise a standard american pint f, or a larger 16oz tulip for everyone else.

Back