What's your brewery name?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hard Hill Brewing. Hard hill road, the road I grew up on and where I brewed for the first 3 years of my craft. Even though I don't brew on the street now, I get all my water from a well on that road.

Back in 1994, the Winston-Salem Spirit (High-A Reds) had a contest to rename the team. The bulk of the suggestions (over 1000) were Winston-Salem Camels. Ernie Shore Stadium shared a parking lot with R.J. Reynolds. Thinking that was the obvious choice, I submitted the only entry of Winston-Salem Dromedaries. The team chose Warthogs.

That year I joined an internet connected 28 team Strat-O-Matic baseball league. My team, was the Winston-Salem Dromedaries. We'd have boisterous email conversations, trolling, and reports, and there were lots of quotes that John said this, and Dave said that. The problem was that there were six of us Johns, a couple Daves and over time other non-unique first names. So we started calling ourselves by team names, Sud John, Mustang John, Dromedary John .... Soon my name was shortened to Drom John.

Drom John has a brewery. It's called Drom John Home Brew.

West Branch Brew & Tap. Kind of self explanatory. I live on the West Branch River and we converted our kitchen into a tap room where I also brew. It's the same house I grew up in. I try to name the beers I make after local landmarks, people or things I remember growing up. Just makes it fun.

BogHog Brewing

I was reading the Hitchhikers Guide To The Galaxy books and, in the fifth book is a creature called a BogHog. Vile creatures whose only form of communication was biting. I thought it was funny. The first beer I brewed under that name I called Vogon Juice. That's my story.

I named my brewery corner after my late father's CB handle. White Cougar Brewery. I thought it'd be nice to honor him in this way,since we were also after work bar room buddies.

Nice! I remember the CB days, a simpler time.

Quercus Maximus Brewing Co.

At my old house (now a rental cuz the housing market is bad) we have a big-ass oak tree. It's big enough I submitted it to Ohio's Champion Tree registry. Quercus Maximus means Big Oak in Latin.

Plus, as I learned later, in some versions of Monty Python's lumberjack song, they make reference to the "Quercus Maximus Bamber Gascoigni", which I've never managed to track down. So that's a bonus as well.

At one point my brother, a graphic designer, made me a really awesome logo and some labels for a class project. They looked awesome, but I'm lazy and putting labels on bottles is a pain in the arse, and I'm lucky to write in sharpie on my bottle caps...

I don't have a brewery name yet, i've only brewed one beer so far :)

I did however come up with a name for my first brew, Moose Hill Ale - English Pale Ale.

Hmmm, I don't think there are moose in England, are there? This may be a problem...

Quick, someone tell me some other interesting animals in England...

TwoDogBrew

I have two labs that are constantly up my ass . They hang in the garage while I brew , but am always having to step over them.

Beagle Bier Brewery.

My wife named it because we have a Beagle and, after I started brewing, she came across this quote in German "Ich braute dieses Bier mit meinem Hund" .

(Life is indeed short: Get a Beagle and a Beer)

Kevie Joe's House of Pain Gymnasium, Red Ryder Shooting Gallery and Brewitorium

AKA

Pee Wee's Playhouse

The basement used to belong to me but my kids (5 and 6 years old) are steadily taking over. My stuff is getting shoved further and further into the corner.

My last name is Bricker, I'm of German ancestry...

brick_haus.PNG

Whitehaus

My last name is White.....not to big a stretch.

Although after reading this thread I was thinking about "NTBAD"
Stands for "Not to be a dick":drunk:

Spineless Brewing Co.

My buddy and I both had lower back surgery a couple years back. We do lots of team lifting on brew day.

Our official Prost " Lift with the Legs"

A friend on mine and I are new to Home Brewing , But out of conversation we were having one day it looks like we are naming our Brewery ME'z and YOU'z Brewery, Art work to follow soon.

My little sister keeps telling me that I need to call mine "Ginger's Ales" or "Gingerbrau". I am not original enough to come up with anything. I think I will just call mine BEER.

Latest posts

Back