What's Santa bringing you for Christmas?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Lil' Sparky

Cowboys EAC
Reaction score
Apparently I've been a good little boy this year. ;) I peeked (i.e., SWMBO said place an order) and whattya know - a Barley Crusher with a nice little bow on top and a Thrumometer in my stocking. Hopefully I can finally kiss my 65% efficiency goodbye.

What's going to show up under your tree this year?

I just got a BC for my birthday... :D

75%-ish (maybe a wee higher) yesterday!

I'm thinking that this may be the year that I start paying closer attention to my water profile and PH, so a PH meter might make a nice stocking stuffer.

Barley Crusher Baby (looks like they're selling like hotcakes...better order now...) ! And maybe a refractometer.....

I'm getting gift certificates at Home Depot and Menards so I can finish my basement. I just bought some tile, but still need paint, carpet, trim and blinds.

Next year, I get to start finishing the brewery!

I asked "Santa" for a kegerator conversion kit so I can move away from bottles and on to the glory of draft beer right in my own home... That and a nice digital scale so I can weigh out ingredients.

I asked for a beer fridge but I think all I'm getting is Jamil's new recipe book.
Craig

EdWort said:
Gift Certificates from Austin Home Brew Supply. Sweet!
I might just go that route with Morebeer or NB. I can't expect the in-laws to understand the myriad intracacies of homebrewing. Geez.;)

Mrs. Santa let me open my Willams oxygen system a week early. Used it on my brown ale, and wow I have NEVER had fermentation like that. Damn near blew the bucket lid off, but I noticed in time.

i bought a BC for myself, for my 5 year anniversary in October.

I think i have schemed properly with the inlaws-my parents-and my wife and daughter to all go in together and get a 14 gallon stainless conical...............we shall see.

Reverend JC said:
I think i have schemed properly with the inlaws-my parents-and my wife and daughter to all go in together and get a 14 gallon stainless conical...............we shall see.
Ooooo, that's a great idea for next year. I also like the HBS gift certificate idea!

My wife wants to buy something together. i.e. Like a new dinner set.
This is not going well.

I am going to buy some vessels for making mead. I have tried it for the first time ever a couple of weeks ago and I loved it. Like nectar of the Gods. I have plenty of space in my cellar for it to sit for a year.

Swim-beau got me my Bayou Classic SQ14 burner yesterday, I'm on my way to pick up a keggle tonight, and I'm still waiting to hear back on an offer I made on some more corny kegs and other stuff. Looks like at least 90% of my Christmas gifts will be homebrew-related. :mug:

I asked Santa for a gift cert to beer and wine hobby, Sanyo 4912 w/2 taps and hardware. I forget what else is on the list...

Reverend JC said:

I tried this... I was literally laughed at. :(

My wife asked me what I wanted for x-mas last night that wasn't beer-related or, more accurately, just me buying MYSELF beer stuff. I didn't really have an answer for her... :(

the_bird said:
My wife asked me what I wanted for x-mas last night that wasn't beer-related or, more accurately, just me buying MYSELF beer stuff. I didn't really have an answer for her... :(

I thought this was the season to get what you wanted not just what someone wants to give you. :drunk:

I guess to be fair you could buy her anything but what is on her list. :rockin:

nothing...I'm jewish.

But, my birthday is in a couple weeks and I think I will be guiding my parents into getting me a barley crusher and maybe an oxygenation system.

I'm closing on a house December 07. "The day that will live in infamy"! Nice little fixer-up kinda house. It has a 25x25 detached garage/ workshop to the back of the house and is pre plumbed. It has a lot of possibility! That's what Santa Claus will be giving me this year.

Reverend JC said:

Yep, Red has hinted that she and her parents might go in on a 14 for me, too! :ban:

I have no fekkin idea. My wife got it already, she said she got it at bestbuy on black friday for $100, but it was $270ish before the sale. She got me some other stuff too, but that's the big present. I can't figure out what it is.

I got her a new lens for her camera:

51Y5EXYJP9L._AA280_.jpg

http://www.amazon.com/dp/B00004YZQ8/?tag=skimlinks_replacement-20

Last edited by a moderator:
I've got a funny Idea I'm getting a Plasma TV from my SWMBO ..... BUT I think a kegging system might be coming from my Dad...He likes to drink beer to and That helps.

I little update on what santa is bringing me. SWMBO said to me last night that the "coordination of my gift has been completed. You (me) should not exspect anything for you birthday in february."

Yes 14.5 gallon conical here we come!!

I'm getting a new Sanyo, dual tap kegerator conversion kit w/ corny's, and like 4 or 5 more carboys (hopefully).

I have pretty much everything I need for brewing. So this year I asked Santa for some highway pegs

11756_kur_4519_ob_h_pu.jpg

The only brewing related Items I received are Charlie Papazian's second book The Homebrewer's Companion, Subscription to Great Lakes Brewing News & a 20 PSI propane regulator to replace a dying one on my brew rig. :mug:

A 10 gallon cooler for a mash tun...
Oak chips...

And a case of stomach flu. :(

I'm back up and running now, but yesterday wasn't pretty. :cross:

My sister bought me a hefe kit from www.austinhomebrew.com she didn't realize though that I'm an AGer....so I've got a big 5.5lb tub of wheat extract I'm not exactly sure what to do with. I think I'll just make a big ass starter with it...

So, I went to www.austinhomebrew.com 's real store and looked around, place is freakin sweet! I picked up a malt mill w/ my xmas $$$ I got the AA model...it's adjustable on both sides.

SWMBO also signed me up for the AHA...pretty sweet.

Oh, and my old mans going to start saving bottles for me....I don't have to scrounge anymore!

This was my daughter's second xmas and being a little over a year old we decided to get her the majority of the gifts...

I pre-ordered a Wii... got a few books for my fire inspection course and a mini-copter, nothing beer related, but a nice xmas all around.

We go to the in-laws this weekend to get more gifts, it's rumored the mum-in-law is giving my wife and I each $100 gift cards, so i'll be visiting a few websites for brew kit deals...

My wife got me a Kolsch kit from Brewers Commection. I'm brewing that this weekend. :) She also got me a couple of brewingg books. My daughter made me a shirt with a beer mug that she drew on it. My sister got us a Soda Club kit for our family.

Alamo_Beer said:
My sister bought me a hefe kit from www.austinhomebrew.com she didn't realize though that I'm an AGer....so I've got a big 5.5lb tub of wheat extract I'm not exactly sure what to do with. I think I'll just make a big ass starter with it...
Just make the kit. I think you'll be surprised at how well it will come out. Just use a liquid Hefe yeast with it.

I didn't get any brewing gear, but I did get a bunch of gift cards to book stores. Yesterday I picked up Designing Great Beers and Radical Brewing.

Back