What's in your fermenter(s)?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
US-05 yeast Belgian Dubble (control for yeast variants experiment)
Chimay yeast Belgian Dubble
Duval yeast Belgian Dubble
ardennes yeast Belgian Dubble
westmalle yeast Belgian Dubble
T58 yeast Belgian Dubble
Safbrew Abbaye yeast Belgian Dubble
Lallemand Abbaye yeast Belgian Dubble
Oatmeal stout
apfelwein, spiced
lodi zinfindal
3x Weyermann Abbey / pilsen malt experiment on 3 yeasts: T58, us05, Chimay

Ferm #1 a nice Belgium pale ale
Ferm #2 an APA made with 95% golden promise and all New Zealand hops. I may add some kiwi to it.

Kinda weird, I have all Belgian beers in the fermenters right now. A Belgian dubbel, blond, and pale ale. All of varying gravities, obviously. They should be good hopefully! The wyeast3522 Belgian Ardennes is some good sh*t! I top cropped the yeast for 2 of them and the beers that the top cropped yeast was pitching into went gangbusters. Really like top cropping and pitching uber fresh yeast.

Just brewed up an all extract St Patricks Irish Stout..All 3 of my 2.5G LBK's are full again ...Looks like I will be bottling my Nut Brown Ale Tuesday :) And then the decision on what to put in THAT empty LBK!LOL

I don't know, but there is 5 gal of 'something' in there bubbling away.

It started as a True Brew "German Light" kit that was given to me, OG 1.034. Hmm... a little "light" for me, so... I had some grains (1 lb. 2 -row 1 lb. lager malt) kicking around in my misc. box, so I mashed them and added it to the kit, which consisted of 2.2 lb. light LME, 1 lb. corn sugar, 1 lb. rice syrup solids, 1 oz. Hallertau @ 60. I added another 0.5 oz. Simcoe @ 60 and another 0.5 oz. Hallertau @ 15. That brought the OG up to 1.051. Rehydrated (although they said not to) and pitched the kit's Munton's Ale Brewing Yeast. Probably could have stood something heftier. But it's been actively ferming for 5 days. Smells good. If it's successful, maybe I'll have to call it a "Schwer-Licht" (heavy-light). :D

5.5 Gallons Pliny the Elder Clone
5.5 Gallons Blind Pig
5.5 Gallons Firestone Double Barrel Ale

One fermenter is eyeballing me empty......

5 gallons of Porter with bourbon soaked toasted oak cubes.

5 gallons of a citra galaxy pale ale with Wicked Weed La Bonte bottle dregs tossed in and dry hopped with galaxy hops.

11 gallons of mead
6 white cranberry Pinot Gris
6 gallons Pinot noir
6 gallons of Chilean Malbec
6 gallon LE barbera
6 gallon pomegranate Zin
1 gallon cranberry cider

First signs of life for my Two Hooters American Amber Ale.

AAA.jpg

A mish-mosh pale ale that I threw together with some odds and ends and leftover DME and a Heady Topper clone.

I kegged a 5.5 gallon batch on Thursday and left the yeast cake in the carboy until today. I brewed an American barleywine partial mash BIAB and used the yeast cake from the previous beer. Pitched the yeast midday and 8 hours later it is bubbling like a champ.

Got my first 5G buckets dirty! LOL Irish Stout..should be perking away here shortly! Ohhh, gotta go sniff my airlock! LMAO

Lmao sniffing the airlock - that's a good sign that you'll be around the forum and this hobby for a long time! Welcome to the forum and hobby! Enjoy the ride. Got an all grain Oktoberfest laudering, looking to bottle with in the next couple weeks, another one on deck along with an Oatmeal stout and I have 10 various sized carboys filled with different wines I'm a fermentation junkie!

2 gallons of Kolsch Malt SMaSH that are lagering after I fermented with Wyeast 2124 (too cold in the garage for 1007)

From Beersmith podcast 108(ish) 1 gallon of kettle-soured berliner weisse. Initially inoculated with 5335 and now fermentis US-05. My first sour.

Two of my 3-gallon fermenters are sitting empty because I have a cooler full of oatmeal-milk stout and I'm having a bit of trouble finding people to share it with.

a Belgian Pale ale and a New Zealand Pale ale.

I made the mistake of using my bottling bucket as a secondary (I wanted to dry hop the NZPA for 5 days before bottling). Something happened with the valve, I came home to a soaked carpet in my spare room and an empty bucket. I had to cut the rug out of the room..... I wanted to get rid of the carpet anyway.....:(

I was to bring that beer to an event at KelSo brewery. The gave away wert away to about 80 local brewers, to see what we could come up with. I guess I could have vacuumed out the carpet into the bottles, and call it " Bissel IPA". I guess I will bring the Belgain Pale Ale to the event.

Back