What's in your fermenter(s)?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I have a peanut butter porter that is making my apartment smell like reeses Pb cups and a 3 gallon test batch of a Red X malt semi smash brew. Bittered with magnum, aroma and flavor hopped with simcoe. But magnum is such a clean bittering hop it almost qualifies as a smash in my book lol.

10 gallons of Simcoe/Amarillo/citra DIPA on the left and 5 gallons of 2014 Barleywine on the right
ImageUploadedByHome Brew1393939923.588757.jpg

Care to share that recipe? That sounds delicious and I'm interested in how/when you used the ginger and lemon peel.

2.3 lbs light DME @ 60 mins
3.3 lbs light LME @ 15 mins
.5 oz Simcoe @ 60 mins
.25 oz Simcoe @ 30 mins
.25 oz Simcoe @ 10 mins
.25 oz Simcoe @ Flameout
1.2 oz Ginger cut and added @ 10 mins
Lemon Peel from 3 lemons put in a separate pot with enough water to cover. Bring to a boil and turn off. Add to wort at flameout.

Cool and pitched with US-05.

Going to taste when I rack to secondary. May add more ginger and/or lemon peel then depending on taste. Also plan on splitting it and adding pear to one to see what happens.

Sent from my iPhone using Home Brew

.5 oz Simcoe @ 60 mins
.25 oz Simcoe @ 30 mins
.25 oz Simcoe @ 10 mins
.25 oz Simcoe @ Flameout
Lemon Peel from 3 lemons put in a separate pot with enough water to cover. Bring to a boil and turn off. Add to wort at flameout.

Going to taste when I rack to secondary. May add more ginger and/or lemon peel then depending on taste. Also plan on splitting it and adding pear to one to see what happens.

Also forgot to add...
.5 oz 20L Crystal
.2 oz Roasted Barley
This was steep for 30 mins prior to boil.

Also dry hopping with .75 oz Simcoe in secondary.

.5 oz Simcoe @ 60 mins
.25 oz Simcoe @ 30 mins
.25 oz Simcoe @ 10 mins
.25 oz Simcoe @ Flameout

Also forgot to add...
.5 oz 20L Crystal
.2 oz Roasted Barley
This was steep for 30 mins prior to boil.

Also dry hopping with .75 oz Simcoe in secondary.

Looks great! Lemon and ginger are such a good pair, and simcoe is awesome, I'm really curious how they will work together. I imagine it will be very good. I think I might put an AG version this on my To-Brew list!

One batch of Belgium Blonde that I racked on to 2 lbs of strawberry purée dubbed "panty dropper strawberry blonde". Also just started a Dog Fish imperial IPA clone except with cascade hops the last 15 mins and for dry hopping.

Oak Aged Sour Saison - Currently sitting on peaches
The Mandarin - all mandarin bavaria hopped brown ale/saison
Siddhartha of Suburbia - house saison
Coconut Vanilla Blonde Ale - Self explanatory

Finally brewed yesterday a Black IPA and a Rye IPA. What a **** show! outside spigots still frozen had to unhook washing machine cold water supply and run the hose out a basement window then carry the kettles with 6.5 and 7 gallons respectively down a flight of narrow stairs. Oh well i got it done but I hate the winter.

5gallon German Oktoberfest in 2ndary lagering
5gal of a American amber in primary
5gal nut brown in primary
On deck for this weekend brew day
5gal oatmeal stout
5gal skeeter pee
On deck for first weekend in April
A 5gal Belgium trippel
5 gal double hopped IPA
Second weekend of April TBD

Back