What's in your fermenter(s)?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
More hard cider. :) Trying a different yeast this time... Cote de Blanc. It's supposed to provide "fruity esters" which seems appropriate for a cider. :)

Busy week for me tje last two weeks.

I gots 20 gal beermunchers centennial blonde, 10 gal all day ipa clone, 6 gal citra amarillo ipa, 10 gal sierra nevada pale clone, a 6 gal version of my boat beer clone, a 6 gal rye apa, and an american hefeweizen with citra all in fermenters. Next week is 20 gal of kolsch and 10 gal of octoberfest.

Hopefully j will then be done for a month.

1- West Coast Radical Red (5g)
2- Irish Red (5g)
3- Nugget IPA (5g)
4- Caramel Amber Ale (5g)
5- Blueberry Ale (2.5g)

While i'm waiting for my saison yeast to come in I've got a mini (half gallon) experimental batch of hard ice tea going with white ale yeast (all I had on hand), brown sugar, Ear Grey tea and lemon juice. Will see what happens, it's a bit hot so will probably have weird esters but oh well, no big loss if it turns out funky.

Just a few one gallon batches of mead one a braggot with cascade hops and cranberries, the other a traditional with a twist of using Belgian ale yeast. Also a one gallon batch of Belgian pale with brett c as primary yeast. No full batches till I go get more propane for the burner.

5 gal apfelwein made with S-04, eager to see how that affects the flavor.
5 gal FBS clone. Last batch of this was my best brew ever.
So both recipes came from HBT!

Just emptied mine this morning (Moose Drool Clone). Ingredients coming for a Jalapeño Cream Ale. Hopefully brew that up next week.

My 5 gallons of Buckeye Red should finally be settled out clear very soon. The dry stout for my whiskely is a week old today & finishing up. Working on my first recipe for English barleywine, the heavier Burton ale, a partial mash.

Strawberry blonde, 3C's IPA and cider

DSC_1954-L.jpg

I remember pop telling stories about working in the "3C's" as he called it. An old government program to put folks back to work after the Great Depression. I think The Brew Kettle's ale was 4 C's?

My fermenters are empty! Shame... I'll be fixing that this weekend with a Dortmunder.

Lets see if I can remember all the 1 gallon batches

6 gallons Tripel
5 gallons year old kriek
5 gallons lambic
5 gallons RIS
2.5 gallons sour stout (partigyle RIS)
1 gallon brett buffalo sweat
1 gallon sour saison
1 gallon brett saison
1 gallon sour hefe
1 gallon other sour saison

I need to start bottling the 1 gallons as most are 6-9 months old.

Fat Tire clone in the first and just added a Brown Ale to the second one.

5 gallons rye lambic
5 gallons sour farmhouse ale
5 gallons berliner weisse
2.5 gallons BM's Centennial blonde
2 gallons gose
1 gallon belgian pale ale

French Saison
French Saison with Brett (split batch)
Tank 7 dosed with Brett
Flanders Red style ale
Rye Porter
Cream Ale
skeeter pee

damn I need to keg/bottle.....

5 gal Munich Helles
2.5 gal Raspberry Wheat
2.5 gal German Hefeweizen

Bottling the wheat beers later this week. The lager still has a few more weeks.

5 gallons of Simcoe/Amarillo IPA where I went heavy on the Munich malt (looking to add more of a malty backbone) and 5 gallons of Orfy's mild.

Nothing in ferms, 6/7 kegs full though. 1 of the 6 is half empty, which means it's time to start planning the next brew day!

5 gallons of Lemon Thyme Saison.
I only used Sorachi Ace hops so I can't wait to see how it tastes.

I found the recipe in this months addition of Brew Your Own magazine.

#1) Dry Irish Stout
#2) Bavarian Hefeweizen
And brewed #3 yesterday) Scottish Wee Heavy.

going to empty the first two fermenters this week.

5 gallons cranberry-grape wine
3 gallons wild grape wine
5 gallons dandelion wine
5 gallons irish red ale

Latest posts

Back