What's in your fermenter(s)?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
After a couple month break, back into the swing of things.

I've got the Sour Stout that's coming along nicely, and just added 5 gallons of my first attempt (of what will surely be many) at cloning Coniston Bluebird Bitter. I'll add a 3rd batch to the mix next weekend.

20 l raspberry wine
20 l apple cider
20 l skeeter pee from apple cider slurry
25 l skeeter pee from raspberry wine slurry

Pils and black currant cider already bottled.

My Dampfbier should be close to done by now. 3 weeks in primary today.

I intended to brew Dampfbier but my Hefe yeast was DOA. ...so I went with the same grain bill and did plan B with S-05. Not sure what to call it but it's churning away.

Sent from my iPhone using Home Brew

11 G of Cream Ale that I have yet to package up, and 10ish gallons of Lake Walk Pale that I brewed up Saturday. I think I am going to try to make another 11-12 G batch this weekend.

5.5 gal of an original IPA I brewed yesterday (and pitched a 2L starter of us-05 this am). Excited because the post boil sample I tasted was very good!

I would have a 6 gallon batch but the last 1/2 gal was mostly solids and I needed head space for the starter...

After bottling 48 twelve ounce bottles of Cali Common I've only got my Green Warrior IPA in my carboy (5 gal)...

Did a batch of Edwort's Haus Pale Ale Friday night. The Nottingham is happily foaming away as I type this. This was my first try at this recipe and I screwed a few things up a little but it should still be good.

Belgian blond with wlp550 smells awesome.

1403564019164.jpg

My carboy has some trub left after bottling my latest IPA last night. My bucket will soon have my London pale ale going in it, hopefully by noon.

7 gallons of Rye Farmhouse Ale. The White Labs 670 American Farmhouse I used has a ridiculously narrow temp range of 68-72 degrees but Belgian strains usually aren't that good fermented that low. At any rate mine is sitting at 82 degrees and thankfully I used a blow off tube. It smells amazing we'll see what happens

7 gallons of Rye Farmhouse Ale. The White Labs 670 American Farmhouse I used has a ridiculously narrow temp range of 68-72 degrees but Belgian strains usually aren't that good fermented that low. At any rate mine is sitting at 82 degrees and thankfully I used a blow off tube. It smells amazing we'll see what happens

82F is awfully high at least for the first few days, can't you rig a swamp cooler?

I moved it to the basement where it will be cooler. That temp range is odd to me 68-72? Really a 4 degree temp range?

I have never been happy with any of the belgian strains i've used ( wyeast forbidden fruit and 1214 mangrove jack dry belgian) fermented in the recommended range they all turned out boring. The danstar bell saison yeast recommendation is a max 78 degrees with the help of a heating pad and sleeping blanket I had it up to 85 and it us sensational easily my favorite non ipa i've ever brewed.

When i moved the fermenter from My 80 degree garage down to my basement beer room which the thermometer reads 65° the thermometer that is down in the wort read 85°. After running errands for about four hours I went down the basement to check the temperature of the beer and it now reads 91.4°
ImageUploadedByHome Brew1404070067.583318.jpg
I could smell it through the closed door as I was walking down the stairs and it smells all kinds of wonderful. I don't brew enough to justify in my mind the cost of a fermentation chamber, in fact this is my last beer until fall.

A coconut and coffee porter brewed last night. Quite excited as it is my first "additive" beer. Used some toasted coconut and whole coffee beans for last 5 min of boil and steeped for 15 mins before wort colling. Hoping for the best. the coconut is definitely evident...

Temp is down to 76 degrees on the rye fsrmhouse now abd all the wonderful aromas faded as the the temp dropped now it smells like every beer ive brewed with a belgian yeast, boring. Putting it back in the garage tomorrow and letting it get as warm as it will for a week then back in the basement for a month or so.

My London Pale ale is just bubbling away, 18 hours after pitching wlp007, dry English ale. That never gets old!

Latest posts

Back