What's in your fermenter(s)?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
5 gal of a smoked, oaked and peppered porter which will be bottled in a week.

Also finishing primary fermentation on 5 gallons of my barleywine which will age another month before bottling.

Next week I'll replace the porter with a cream ale.

5 gallons of Belgian Pale Ale

Attachments

• IMG_20190106_110004.jpg
    IMG_20190106_110004.jpg
    1.5 MB · Views: 41
A batch of Blonde Ale I bugged up by adding way way way too much Lactic Acid. And yesterday I re-brewed the Blonde Ale but this time it came out fine.

5 gallons of Irish Red
5 gallons of Milk Stout
1 gallon of Pinot Noir
3 gallons of Apfelwein
3 gallons of Cinnamon Apfelwein

Attachments

• IMG_20181217_182244.jpg
    IMG_20181217_182244.jpg
    3.1 MB · Views: 42
  • IMG_20181213_134932.jpg
    IMG_20181213_134932.jpg
    388.4 KB · Views: 37
Na, it will be gone by May. I’ve never aged it. I might bottle a couple of 22ozers just to see if it gets better.

If your winter warmer is anything like the one I made you will not want to be drinking it until June or July. And it will not really be ready until August or September and will not peak in flavor etc. Until January 2020.

And for me winter is over by the end of February or early March. May is late spring.

Got two 5.5 gallon batches on day 5. They’re pretty much done, just cleaning up now. I do something interesting when I try new hops for the first time, I make a WC IPA and a NE IPA to try to understand how the hops perform on both the hot and cool side. This time the hops are Medusa and Huell Melon.

I’ve got a mystery Pale Ale on day 4. Was supposed to hop with Galena, Centennial, and Cascade at flameout. My point was to use up the remaining Centennial and Cascade I had on hand. When I was cleaning up and putting everything away, I noticed I still had a bag of Centennial and Cascade. No idea what I hopped this with, hence my mystery Pale Ale.

Dust in most of them, but there is a very well fermented dead mouse in one dry carboy. Luckily I don't use carboys anymore and I'm gonna put wort in my conical(after I clean the dust out) as soon as I get the water report back from our new filtered well water. First beer will be a hefeweizen.

7.5 gals Belgian golden split between 2 fermenters
2 gals patersbier
6.5 gals hi test barleywine, currently at 13.6%
Bottle conditioning ~6 gals tripel
Cold crashing Belgian quad 5.5 gals.
Getting seriously bored with lockdown, and I have 3 empty fermenters. Hmmmm...

Last edited:
i got 10 gallons of cheap kroger apple juice, going with a pack of "urea free" fruit turbo yeast...lol, hoping to get some beer in my other one tomorrow!

LOL, what, you were baking a loaf of bread at the same time? :D

7lbs Golden Light LME

1lb Vienna Malt

9oz CaraMalt L80

.75oz Hallertau at 45

.25oz Hallertau at 15

60 minute boil. Steep grains for 1 hour at 152.

Wyeast W300

Ended up having to go an additional 30 on the boil because it hadn't boiled off enough.

Ended up with a 6 gallon batch.

7lbs Golden Light LME

1lb Vienna Malt

9oz CaraMalt L80

.75oz Hallertau at 45

.25oz Hallertau at 15

60 minute boil. Steep grains for 1 hour at 152.

Wyeast W300

Ended up having to go an additional 30 on the boil because it hadn't boiled off enough.

Ended up with a 6 gallon batch.

had to google translate 'hefe' usually used with weizen.....so a light pitch? :)

7 Gallons of Czechmate Pilsner
7 Gallons of Esprit de Corps English IPA dry hopped with Lotus
5 Gallons of Fell Swoop Red Nectarine Brown Sour
5 Gallons of Whiplash! Watermelon Mint Gose

PS.... I forgot about the 20 gallons of Sour Base Beer in my barrel.

Last edited:
Back