What's Brewing This Weekend? Oct. 13-14

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Brewsmith

Home brewing moogerfooger
Reaction score
I'm getting around to my German Pilsner on Sunday. It will be my second lager. I'm keeping the recipe simple. 8.5 lbs of German Pils malt and a 4 oz bag of Saaz hops (only 2.1% AA, I wish I had more, I might throw a little Magnum in the bittering just to get the IBU's up to at least 30).

What else is brewing this weekend?

I am making a IPA on Sunday. Just got me some Summitt hops that I have never used yet, 18% alpha. Simple grain bill for me Pale,Munich and a little crystal.

Well I have some bottling to do, but Sunday maybe Edworts OKtoberfest Ale. Today is the 10th day in the primary for Ed's Kolcsh and they use the same yeast so anytime from here on out is good. Next week sometime Will be Bells Two-Hearted Ale, Probably the best damned IPA I've ever had.

Probably going to brew "Dead Guy" this weekend if the LHBS has everything in stock.
Bottling Orphy's "Hobgobline" and five gallons of Edwort's Apfelwein.
Aslo going to start another 6 gallons of Apfelwein that should be ready by Christmas.

SWMBO wanted to brew so I let her pick a kit form AHB. She picked the Raspberry Porter and we'll be doing it this afternoon.

I just racked a Belgian Blonde to a keg for SWIMBO. Later today or tomorrow I plan on brewing a Octoberfest (A little late but why not).

Brewsmith said:
I'm getting around to my German Pilsner on Sunday. It will be my second lager. I'm keeping the recipe simple. 8.5 lbs of German Pils malt and a 4 oz bag of Saaz hops (only 2.1% AA, I wish I had more, I might throw a little Magnum in the bittering just to get the IBU's up to at least 30).

What else is brewing this weekend?

So is that what you've picked for #50? I am itching to do a German Pils -- something like a Carlsburg (or is it Karlsburg) or Bitburger clone. There's a paucity of German Pils recipes around, I always see Czech Pils recipes. Please share recipe. Oh, I hope it comes out great -- yeah, if you want bitter, you might be a bit short on the Saaz, but I don't see why a little magnum wouldn't work!

I brewed my favorite German hefe recipe last night. Not bubbling away quite yet, but I expect it to take off any time now.

Thinking about maybe doing another beer today - SWMBO is out of town - but I'm also tempted to wait for some more hops I've ordered to arrive, to play around a bit w/recipe...
Oh, and some more carboys and/or cornies might be necessary, apfelwine and hefe each have about 10 days to go.

Well, I was going to brew a Widmer Drop Top Amber clone today. My first attempt at attempting to clone a beer on my own from info from the brewery. But, I got up this morning and checked my starter. Appears to be deader than a doornail. I'll have to get another tube of yeast today and put off brewing until tomorrow.

Tomorrow (Sunday) it will be my first attempt after lower back problems. I want to make a Belgian Dark Ale. Should be ready by Christmas and or New Years. Hope the back will hold out.

A buddy and I brewed a double batch of Porter yesterday. Man, did that wort smell great! In keeping with our experimentation policy, one batched was pitched with WLP British ale yeast, the other with Nottingham's dry yeast.

Of course we were evaluating samples of previous batches all the while. It was a fine afternoon.

Bottling my Sweet Baby Jesus today hopefully. Racked my cappuccino stout to 2ndary last night, hit about 72% attenuation, which is great, because I didn't wanna dry it out too much. Got my first cider fermenting away, makin my brewhouse smell like a sulfur mine. No brewing, though. Need a break. Gonna watch some football, make some cuban sandwiches and get drunk with some friends, then watch more football tomorrow. Favre's goin down.

1. Kegging my Irish Red Rye
  2. Racking my Pale Ale to secondary
  3. Racking my Stout to secondary
  4. Brewing my Espresso Imperial Stout and tossing it on the yeast cake.
Wild

Brewing an ESB right now using a new technique that is causing me some scheduling difficulties. I'll keg a special bitter while the boil is progressing, and bottle an IPA after I have cleaned up.
Tomorrow, I'll brew some other variety of pale ale, and drink a few stouts.
SWMBO returns home from a weekend with an old GF on Monday.

-a.

I'd love to brew thsi weekend, but I have 5 full ferementers and 3 full kegs so I don't really have an option. I'm hoping to have an empty fermenter by Monday though so I should be able to brew then. My birthdays on the 18th, so I need to brew a birthday ale :D

I'll probably bottles some on Sunday, I have a rochefort clone that's been in secondary almost a month. And, a saison that's been in secondary about 3 weeks.

I racked my amber to the secondary on Thursday. It was about 1.015, but I'm hoping it might drop another point or two in the carboy. Brewed a cream ale on Friday morning, mainly because I knew this weekend would be taken up with yard work. It was the first time I've used a starter and the fermentation took off pretty fast. I pitched the yeast about 1:00 and had the beginnings of airlock activity by 4:30. Perking along like a champ today. I might try my hand at EdWort's apfelwine if I can sneak off and buy ingredients and another carboy.

Chad

You know what, I moving my hefe to a keg on Sunday, so maybe I'll brew a dunkel and throw it on the yeast cake.... yea! I will!

Dammit!!!! I"M BREWING THIS WEEKEND!

Going to hang out with some friends brewing today.

Making an Imperial Oatmeal Stout tomorrow and throwing it on the yeast cake from my Oaktown Brown, which was on the yeast cake from my Irish Red.

Then i need to get started on my Dunkelwiezen...hopefully I'll have time on Monday (or maybe today!) cuz that thing needs to be ready to take to the desert in less than a month!

Mashing in a Wit in about 30 minutes for barter. Trading it to my uncle for a few smoked coho he caught. =)

-D

smoked porter in the morning tomorrow. wlp41 pacific ale yeast.

Kegged the Wild hop ale and have the Brown Porter cooling. But, I'm taking advantage in a break in the rain to build a foot bridge over the swampy spot.

Need to grab the last few ingredients for a chai spice porter... I've been talking about brewing this beer for years! Should have the pot boiling in a few hours. :ban:

Bottled up a heffeweizen. Drinking Spaten Oktober Fest beir and a Cava Antigua resposado margarita right now!!! - Dirk

Jamil Z's Winter Warmer + .4# Special B + Pumpkin + Maple Syrup = what I'm brewing Sunday.
Is it my recipe yet?

No brewing this weekend for me. Too busy, besides....I am waiting for my grain, hops and finally my first wort chiller! Ed Wort's Stone Clone, here I come!!!

Nothing this weekend.

TheJadedDog said:
Brewed up my holiday Porter; ...

Cleaned up my basement brew room and racked my Porter to secondary. 6 days in Primary. It's my holiday Porter too.

1062 to 1021. Tasted ok today. It's my second AG. How are those numbers.

I was thinking that it would need more time in general. Is that true? More time in the Secondary? In the bottle? Both?

Thanks

Rudeboy

landhoney said:
Jamil Z's Winter Warmer + .4# Special B + Pumpkin + Maple Syrup = what I'm brewing Sunday.
Is it my recipe yet?

With that many alterations, yeah, I'd say so.

-D

Back