What's brewing this weekend - June 28-29?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Bottling my Amber today, then brewing true brew continental dark tomorrow.
Going to Rubinos in Columbus NJ to pick the next brew.

I think I might brew up a Brown Ale on Sat. I have had the stuff for about 4 weeks now but moving has kept me busy so I never got to brew it. First brew in VA I guess.

Actually im brewing your Bee Cave Brewery IPA, and im holding you personally responsible if it doesn't turn out great.:rolleyes: Actually this is my first IPA, and im giddy with excitement.

maybe an edmund fitzgerald porter - would probably use up my remaining extract supply, then it's AG, baby.

Are you using Ohio Brewtus' recipe? Hands down the best beer I have made, everyone loved it.

Watermelon Ale and another batch of Apfelwein. Will also keg my Cream Ale. Kegs should be arriving tomorrow.

I am brewing an olive oil-free APA based on a mini-mash kit from AHS, though I may add some leftover Cascade hops for flavor and aroma to the Amarillo hops that came with the kit (never used Amarillo before).

This will be my first mini-mash using a 2-gal beverage cooler instead of doing it in the kettle - I figure this will make it much easier to stay in the temperature range I am looking for (152-154 degrees).

As with my last batch, the yeast (White Labs Cal Ale) appears to have suffered severely during shipping, taking 3 days to generate any serious activity in a 1-l starter. It did finally produce a nice, white yeast layer in the bottom of the flask, so I went ahead and put it in the fridge overnight to facilitate decanting tomorrow.

Why olive oil free? I like using oil combined with a little bit of aeration instead of shaking the hell out of the Better Bottle, but since I have had problems with carbonation levels and head retention, I'll go back to the brute force method this time.

EDIT: Well, it's in the carboy. The strike temperature calculator I used let me down, so I ended up starting the mash at 157 degrees and ended up missing my OG by a few points, but other than that, everything went smoothly :)

Not exactly the weekend yet (it's 6.30pm Fri here) but mashing a light ale, blond, kolsch thingy at the moment.

Aussie pale malt
Carapils
A little Caramel 15L

Pacific jade for bittering and a tiny bit of Riwaka for flavour and aroma.

1.051 and 23 IBU with the WLP GermanAle/Kolsch yeast.

Not the right style for the season seeing as it's the middle of freaking winter here but meh, felt like something light and easy after being influenced by this kolsch at a brew pub.

Well, Thurday I did an AHS Hefeweizen , and last nite I did BM's Centennial Blonde...

I didn't get to bed until around 1 am, and then had to come to work at 6 am....

so I'm half asleep....But I have beer fermenting!

I'll be bottling my Hobgoblin clone and attempting my first original recipe today -- A scottish oatmeal ale. A recipe that doesn't fit any particular style but rather is aimed at fulfilling a particular taste profile I'm looking for. It should be interesting.

I'm am masing Jamil's Chocolate Hazlenut porter as of now. Had quite the interesting startup but should be "as normal" from here on out. About ahlfway through the heating of my mash water my potsprung a leak (after I tweaked teh spigot cause the oring looked like it mihgt leak...DOH!) so after draining my pot,(into my mash tun, might as well get some use of the it) and tightening HOT fittings, I drained back in and all is good now. Bought a 12 pack Sam Adams Summer sampler to drink on.( any body wanna couple cherry wheats BLECK!!) I was supposed to have 2 brew buddies today but it's not 15 minutes into the mash and no sight of either. Thats all for now, I think my parenthesis keys are worn out JEESH

Just poured the strike water for my Apricot Blond.
Will be doing a 60 minute Mash, and a 90 minute Boil.

Also I scored some nice Plums yesterday, so I'm going to rack my Second Sister onto the Plums.

Both my beers are cranking along. I ended up getting over 80% on both beers. Each one has an O.G. of 1.063. I guess I'll have to call my hefe a Weizen Bock!

What a day yesterday was, but I think it was worth it.

I brewed a Coffee Milk Stout, the recipe was based off of the Coffee Toffee Milk Stout. I am not doing the Toffee part.

The day went okay but I missed my volume measurements for the mash and I ended up with a higher OG than what was intended. But the mash efficiency was decent none the less and the sample pre-pitching was pretty good. It was my 4th AG and I am still working out the paces of an AG brew day.

Tasted the Saison out of the secondary, and it tastes great! Bottled it (used a bunch of fat little Belgian bottles), and transferred the Rye Ale to secondary. The Vanilla Caramel Cream Ale (Cheesefood's recipe) is still bubbling away in the primary. :ban:

I brewed a nice big, brewmongous Russion Imperial Stout. Had a slightly stuck sparge, but it ended up working out. Also kegged 5 gallons of amber ale after dry hopping it with some Cascade for a few weeks, tasted great. Now, I'm working on a recipe for a Tripel for later this week.

Back