What would you say is the best beer to dregs to reuse??

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

hbhudy

Reaction score
I am looking for some advice on what beers are good times use for dregs to add to a base wort to begin a sour batch??

Pure Brett cultures are hard to find via dregs (few 100% Brett beers out there). I wasn't super pleased with the character I got from Orval - it was just okay. I know that Logsdon uses a special house Brett strain, but their bottles also have Sachs in them

I have a cantillon starter going that smells amazing. It also infected some other yeast starteres nearby and I may see how the different options turn out with a base beer split up. Possibly a lambic or petite golden sour.

I have some crooked stave, cantillon, and avery sours I may work with on building more cultures. Also I will be getting a Jester King Spon soon and will definitely clone that.

It took 5 years of brewing for me to start on sours, but I will be going hard to learn about it how it works now. Cantillon yeast will be in my first 3 sours. A Consecration clone kit, Texas peaches with apricots small batch, and dried montmerency cherries and raspberries small but strong batch. The last 2 are partigyle experiments, and are all in base fermentation with wlp530.

Fantome is full of little beasties and the lacto gets very strong very quick

Back