what would I need for electric

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

icebob

Reaction score
I just bite the bullet and got 2 20 gallons boilermaker coming so I can brew 10 gallons batch on my garage single tier setup. I'm an old fart and hate cold, so for the couple months of winter that I wont see my arse go outside to brew, I would like to setup an electric system in the basement so I can still brew. What exactly would I need? for this winter setup I will already have 2 10 gallons boilermaker, one with false bottom and autosparge for the mash tun and the other as the BK. I have an extra single tier stand to hold them, more pumps than I need,this would be mainly to brew 5 gallons batch. I would like to set it up as a RIMS. I have a tower of power but it is for gas, so I guess I need a controller. What else would I need. I can piece out this system slowly as the cold is about 5 month away... Thx in advance.

If you haven't yet, check out the electric brewery (http://www.theelectricbrewery.com/). It will give you a good idea of how to go about this and brewing indoors in general. Even if his exact system isn't what you want you can still piece together your own version from Kal's instructions. There are also vendors that sell things like basic controllers, temp probes, etc. if you don't want to make them yourself.

Back