What will everyone be drinking July 4th???

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I going to be drinking Home Brew!!! I have a bunch and found out yesterday that the boss gave us Monday off as well, I love 4 day weekends!!!!

sam adams boston lager, bell's oberon, great lakes commodore perry IPA, and I'm going to crack open one of my home brews that I know won't be done carbing yet, but it's a holiday so what the hell.

I'm gonna be traveling to two places. First is on a pontoon, so it's gotta be PBR in cans. Second is a pool party with a keg, and I anticipate it's gonna be Kill you'ans, but it's free, so ain't I bothering to bottle for this weekend.

I'm just gonna wing it.

Homebrew, and I've been feenin for some Jolly Pumpkin something or other, I hope I can find the Oro de Calabaza.

Unfortunately, I'm outta homebrew right now (I've been traveling quite a bit lately) so it'll be mostly BMC, Apfelwein, Jager Bombs and maybe a chocolate-tini or two.

Nothing better than Jager Bombs and fireworks!

I'll be with my brewing buddies and we'll all be drinking Coor Light, but only because we have to. We're going on a 3 day long float trip and don't want to pack a bunch of glass bottles or hual along a corny keg.

Float trip justifies BMC! Rest assured! All beer has a place and time, and you've found BMC's. We had Miller on our float trip last weekend.

I'll probably be pulling off some of my homebrew, mixed with a quantity of the case of Deschuetes Twilight I bought a couple days ago. It's hot so I'll be drinking the lighter stuff like Hefe's and Kolsch's too.

I'll be with my brewing buddies and we'll all be drinking Coor Light, but only because we have to. We're going on a 3 day long float trip and don't want to pack a bunch of glass bottles or hual along a corny keg.

PET plastic bottles, filled from the keg, FTW!!!

:rockin:

Um, I will be drinking... some of this some of that. A bit of my home brew (a box of 22s to share with the friends) but my stock pile is a little low and I dont want to bring a whole keg that far (couple hour drive) in my old truck with no A/C (the swmbo took the new car up north to get something and it meeting me there :(). So probably a but of whiskey and some good ol' ICE COLD bud light. Its supposed to be 90-100 during the weekend here so gotta have a little water, "cough" bud light, to drink. Good times, keep cool everyone and dont get too sun burnt!

Three on tap: an almost-kicked hefeweizen, and nearly full kegs of cream ale and a Gumballhead clone. Couple Miller Lites and Stellas in the fridge for those who so desire. If people seem so inclined, might bust out a liter bottle of 3-yo barleywine later in the evening.

Friday night some friends and I are having an "Alcohol Potluck" and I'll be bringing some of my Chillin' Cherry Wheat (it's my first home brewed batch that I made Memorial Day from a Cherry Wheat extract kit from Midwest...and threw the name together just for the heck of it) among some other beers I plan to grab from the local liquor store, maybe some Delerium Tremens. I'm also planning to brew my 3rd batch today after work: Blood Orange Hefeweizen! Oh, my 2nd batch was EdWort's Apfelwein which is currently fermenting. On Saturday, we're headed to Downtown Tampa to hangout on the rooftop of my friend's studio apartment to watch fireworks!! Have a great weekend everyone and happy brewing/drinking!

Sadly, the last of my Belgian Blonde will probably be circulating through my bloodstream this weekend.

I plan to fill the rest of the holiday with a case of Old Style Cubbie Tall Boys.

I picked up the summer set from pyramid last night that has their Hefe, apricot, IPA and blond ale in it so I will take a few from that, I have some Kona pale as well and then of course some homebrew, The Vienna/NB smash and Dead Guy if I can get the makeshift beergun to work.

I'll be bringing my newest brew, Lazy Ass Pale Ale (recipe can be seen on the American Ale recipe page). It's awesome. My dad will also will have some 1554 from New Belgian Brewery as well. And if all goes well, I'll be smuggling 100 bucks worth of illegal fireworks from Wyoming to Denver.

I'll be drinking whatever is in my dads fridge! And in two weeks your beer voegeli51!

My wife and I will share a Mr. Beer whispering wheat.(We like it) I will also bring out our sample bottle of the apple beer I bottled last week. It's a little early for it but I bottle some 16 oz. bottles for sampling up to three/four weeks of curing.A bottle a week whether we need it or not.

dales.jpg

and mojitos made with:

goslings-rum.jpg

Yummy! :D

A lot of beer including but not limited to:

PBR
American IPA (homebrew)
Rye Pale Ale (homebrew)
Desert Pils
Outlaw Lager
Fat Tire
Vanilla Porter (friend's homebrew)
California Common (friend's homebrew)

Non-beer:
Jack Daniels

I started celebrating the 4th last night without about 1/3 of the list above. Tonight the celebration conitnues.:tank:

Lots of BMC, and a keg of Pale Ale made with some homegrown Crystal hops in addition to the usual Cascade.

I had friends in town last weekend, so most of my homebrew is gone and there's a bunch of random beers left. I'll be drinking:

St. Arnold Lawnmower
Shiner Commemorator
Real Ale sampler pack (brown, rye, and pale ales)
Alaskan Amber clone
AHS American Wheat

Got a few on tap:

Apfelwein
Cream of Three Crops
Green Flash IPA
Wit"less" Belgian

And have a few going on ice:

Saison
Steam Beer
Cream Ale

Guests have been wondering what type of beer they should bring. I told them that's a slap in the face to a homebrewer! Thinking about it now, I wish I did tell them to bring some of their own... Less homebrew for me. On the upside, at least that means I need to get brewing another batch.

I've been saving a sixer of each of the batches I brewed last year so I can compare the original notes to how they taste after some aging. Since I'll be at the beach for 7/4 I thought it would be a perfect opportunity to drink 'em! :tank:

Included but not limited to:
  • Amber Ale
  • Honey Porter
  • Newcastle Clone
  • Blonde Ale
  • American Pale Ale
  • Russian Imperial Stout

-Tripod

Just got my Wheat beer under pressure today which is a little late but its cold and has 45 lbs on it and I wrestled with it for awhile to get that luscious gas embedded into it, hopefully itll be drinkable tomorrow. I also have Cream Ale and sparkling Crab Apple cider on tap and a fridge full of Nut Brown ale also which is last years first AG.

well I had some yuengling at dinner and I'm having a diet coke now. I hope I can find something better tomorrow.

Every kind I've got in the reefer!
  • Kool Kat Golden Ale
  • Up & Over Oatmeal Stout
  • Southern Bourbon Stout
  • Kool Kat Darkened Ale
  • Grimbergen Blonde (non-homebrew)
  • Modelo Especial (non-homebrew)
A dirty job, but someones gotta do it! Doing it in Corolla, NC with damn near perfect weather - about 78F with 10 kts from the east.:mug:

I told U Id be drinking liots I just finisherse ther rahr blonfde and now tapped othe pinion sout so Il be drinko9ng alots mor euntil t he nighr t is over so dont expect to here from me until later, I have some pictures tro post of my cherry experiemnt (WINE) AND SOME OTHE ERR STUF F SO BUT ILL WAI TTI LL LATER , OOOPS S ITD S ON CAPS LOCK lol thisa should probnablyu go in driun jking rambling s s but Ill waoit until when im at work on umm monday night t opsot anythinhg, wow , I should stop typiing now. later, havong fum in COLORADO, Vern.:rockin::rockin:

Didn't have anything. Spent most of the day in town for the "Old Fashioned 4th of July", then hit the fireworks. Too hot for what I have on tap. Got to get the Mild put together.

Back