What was your Christmas haul?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I got an Intermediate brewing kit from midwest, "Homebrew Favorites" book, and FOUR extract kits! 1 nut brown ale, 1 robust porter, 1 coffee stout, and 1 Irish red.

Unfortunately working today so I'm patiently waiting getting home to hopefully start brewing my first batch ever!

Oh yeah, also got some socks, couple of books, new Bible, etc...

DrugCoder said:
I got an Intermediate brewing kit from midwest, "Homebrew Favorites" book, and FOUR extract kits! 1 nut brown ale, 1 robust porter, 1 coffee stout, and 1 Irish red.

Unfortunately working today so I'm patiently waiting getting home to hopefully start brewing my first batch ever!

Oh yeah, also got some socks, couple of books, new Bible, etc...

:ban::mug:

Good luck, let us know how it goes.

Here's my prezzie.

PICT0001.JPG

I didn't get any brewing related stuff, but I've been getting that myself all year! My wife did get me a nice new Craftsman roll-away tool chest :ban:, so my tools now have a nice home. There's so much room in it that I think some brewing equipment is going to find a place in there. My assortment of rubber stoppers and that kind of stuff.

Beer tree, jet washer for bottles, DVDs, T-shirts, boxers, books, various "stuff".
My daughter is two and a half so that was fun. My wife scored better than me, apparently I was in the room when we agreed not to buy much for each other. Several hundred dollars later and an hour of wrapping...

ablrbrau said:
Game, set, and match. Beats the hell out of my ipod, which I'll never figure out how to use........

I wouldn't mind an iPod. Maybe I can talk my girlfriend into a trade....

Nah... not much of a chance of that happening. :(

Nothing in the brewing department. However it was compensated with some good stuff, most notably World Champion St. Louis Cardinal gear that SWMBO the cub fan actually bought for me. An excellent framed commemorative as well.

Of course her Dad took pity on her, being the poor cub fan that she is and got her something even I can appreciate. An awsome 6 foot long framed and signed panorama shot of Wrigley from the first night game there in '88. It's gonna look good in the drinking area. (aka the basement)

The kids made out like bandits of course.

All in all it was a good but exhausting day.

Ize

I mentioned these items to my wife but said that I'd wait until I got my year end bonus from work. I guess SWMBO thought that hell hadn't frozen yet so she got me a CrankandStein 3-roller mill, a new digital scale from Northern brewer, and a $100 gift card to Austin Homebrew Store. I'm brewing her another one of her favorite ciders this weekend and then it is fun with power tools building a hopper for the new mill. Wow, was I ever shocked.

runhard said:
she got me a CrankandStein 3-roller mill, .....................................................................................and then it is fun with power tools building a hopper for the new mill. Wow, was I ever shocked.

That's funny...I was going to start building a hopper for my Crankandstein tonight, but I've had a couple glasses of Apfelwein so power tools probably aren't a good idea.

Hey alemonkey-

how are you going to do it? got any plans drawn up? i need to build one as well for my new crankandstein mill.

Perhaps we can get together, have a few pints and build a couple hoppers.

That'd be a good idea - I was looking at the plans that came with the mill and I'll probably just make something along those lines.

Plus, I'm anxious to play with my new power tools!

well, i will be damned. There were no instructions for building a hopper packaged up with my mill.:(

chillHayze said:
I got a fiancee. I proposed Christmas morning. Life is officially over lol! No date set yet.

Now you have an excuse to buy more beer equipment because you have to brew beer for your wedding reception. My friend had 6 kegs of homebrew at his. Or maybe it was 8. Never enough though.

the_bird said:
Did you ask her "Will you be my SWMBO-for-life?"

holy crap, let him be a man for a little bit will yah!!!

must he bend over for her right away! jeeze.

i prefer the term SWMBCCW. She Who Must Be Constantly Compromised With.

there, now we both wear pants!:drunk:

I'll be driving to the LHBS in about 20 mins with two gift certificates in hand! Should be heating strike water by 1130-1145am CST!

I got nothing related to brewing. Nobody would know what to get me anyway.

I got $500 in gift certificates from Menard's, which I'll use as I'm fixing up my basement.

SWMBO and I don't really get each other anything big anymore, just small stuff. With kids, the money is better spent on them and we just buy what we want anyway. She got me Beerfest - which was pretty funny.

I got $100 from the In-laws which I informed SWMBO was going to be used for a beer gun.

Latest posts

Back