What type of Oxyclean?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
yeah, that'll work. I actually buy the generic/store brand from the laundry detergent section of my local grocery store.

I like store brand...hopefully they'll be next to each other at the store. Do you just mix this stuff with water?

at my grocery, the store brand is indeed right next to the name brand, with a much MUCH lower price tag. Just make sure to get unscented.

And, yes, you just mix with water. I don't bottle my beer, but I use the oxyclean to clean my carboys and kegs. One scoop (scooper will probably be inside the tub) in a carboy or keg and fill it up with water.

I personally use Oxyclean FREE, without the little blue crystals in it. scent free and those little-blue-crystals free as well.

I've been getting mine at the dollar store. It comes in a 1 pound container for, get this, a dollar. No added scents and no chlorine. Works just fine too.

Folks in the NW can pick up the large tubs of Oxy at BiMart for 7 bucks. 12 bucks everywhere else I have seen.

I get the 15# box of Oxyclean Versatile (with the blue crystals) for $17 from Costco. It works just fine.

Back