What to do???

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bmunos

Reaction score
So my first all grain brew day was both awesome and a disaster all in one. First I lost 5 gallons because the wort was so hot it broke my glass fermenter. Then it took me 3 hours to get the other one down to room temp. And lastly My octoberfest lagger was supposed to be refrigerated but my refrigerator broke so it has been at 65 degrees all night! Should I just throw the dang thing out?? I learned ALOT about brewing yesterday, and I am Absolutely addicted to all grain brewing. I just have a few kinks to work out. :drunk: My efficiency did end up being right where it was supposed to!

Here is the beer:

http://i383.photobucket.com/albums/oo271/bmunos/IMG_0044.jpg

To be honest i didnt have a wort chiller! Stupid I know !

waldoar15 said:
Why did you transfer hot wort?

+1

I would always chill either with an ice bath or IC (immersion cooler) first. I might just pitch it. Bacteria might have gotten to it by now

Haha Thanks guys! It was a fun day... Im going to sell some burners and buy a big wort chiller haha

Back