What to do now?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

chezzesteak

Reaction score
beer is done fermenting, 2 weeks ago, put in secondary fermenter one week ago. Do i start bottling? spec gravity is right on the money and it looks real nice.

how do you mix the sugar in with the beer? do you put in bucket first then siphon beer out of carboy into bottiling bucket or do you mix sugar in with a brew spoon ?whats easiest and what have you guys done.

i have a bottling siphon or a bucket with spicket i could use..

thanks

I think folks leave in the secondary longer. But I don't know the answer to that specific question. Is this your first beer?

But, to mix the sugar in your beer, make a sugar solution, boil it then cool it. Now, put the sugar solution in your sanitized bottling bucket, and rack your beer into it with your racking cane and tubing. There is a trick to this. You position the tubing in the bottom corner of the bucket and allow the liquid going in to gently swirl the sugar solution into it. Under no circumstances do you stir or do anything that would otherwise introduce air bubbling through the beer. I like to put a lid loosely on the bucket after filling it and give it another 5 minutes for the solution to diffuse through the beer.

You use the bucket with the spigot. That is your bottling bucket.

Back