what to brew

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dave1984

Reaction score
I am looking for something to brew tomorrow, using 16 lb of marris otter and 11 lb 2 row for base grain. I have a wide variety of hops in the freezer and a good assortment of speciality grains on hand. Yeast would be 1056 . I'm thinking some sort of ipa , 2xipa . I've really been a fan of epic brewings welcome to colorado lately. Zombie dust is another favorite which I have made with success. Appreciate any ideas

Without knowing your hop selection and specialty grains, or preferred batch size, I'd suggest this:

Base grain- 50/50 split of MO and 2 Row to get to 1070
Enough crystal malt to get to 13 srm

Make a mix of American hops and add them in even doses every 10 minutes into a 90 minute boil to reach around 80 IBUs or so.

Save a few ounces of hops for dry hoping after primary fermentation subsides.

And send me a few bottles, please.

I did end up brewing and I was going to use your suggestion so I downloaded beer smith on my phone but then found out I couldn't make recipes from scratch on that so felt a little screwed. So I brewed 2 6 gallon batches of existing recipes .

The first being fresh squeezed ipa found on this forum. But had to sub some Simcoe for amarillo toward the end.

And the second was a modified smash of mosaic and m.o but put an oz of Wakatu in at to sub the mosaic.

So in the end my only question would be is there software to create recipes that will work on android platform? Being I have decided not to replace the pc.

Back