What to brew on 2/21 Presidents Day?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JLW

Reaction score
I am considering a traditional hefe a Belgian or another IPA.

I have a Black IIPA bottle conditioning, and a double batch of cloned Arrogant Bastard in primary.

Too many beers too little time.

This thread, while I am sure it is origin is based on innocence, opens the door for all KINDS of forbidden topics here and made me laugh at the possibilities of things that I know better to type into this section of the forum...I can't make it past this sentence...

There was a Super Bawl party in the White House this year where they served a home brewed "White House Honey Ale". As far as I know this was the first time in our history a homebrew was served in the White House, so you could brew that.

Trigger brings up a good point. I've done some reserach this morning and discovered that George Washington was fond of porters. Think I will brew a proter and save the Belgian for another day. Even though I was really sold on the Belgian.

Thanks for all the input.

That's a neat story regarding the White House Honey Ale. I'll be brewing next Sat, probably my first brown ale and an American wheat beer.

Back