what the heck

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Medicaldawg

Reaction score
so i had a 5 gallon batch of apple wine.process has been completed. I added some no flavor gelatin. That was three days ago. as far as I can tell it isnt clearing. what gives?

When you say the process has been completed, what are you referring to? How old is the cider? When did you make it? Have you moved it into a secondary fermenter? You need to wait longer if you have just moved it into secondary. I have never used this clarifying agent, but i have used isinglass before, and it usually takes a week or so to see a noticeable difference.

When you say the process has been completed, what are you referring to? How old is the cider? When did you make it? Have you moved it into a secondary fermenter? You need to wait longer if you have just moved it into secondary. I have never used this clarifying agent, but i have used isinglass before, and it usually takes a week or so to see a noticeable difference.
process: place fruit sugar and yeast. fermented for a month moved to secondary. fermented for another month. cold crashed after the second month. after it thawed i follwed the process of preparing the gelatin. placed gelatin in the carboy. its been there now for about a week with no noticeable
difference.

Back