What temp to bottle lagers at?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
bottles wont carbonate at lager temps, needs to be 3 weeks at 18C+ then store in the fridge is ideal

I too will be bottling a batch of pils in about 6 weeks.

I've been reading that as long as you're done your lagering process carbonating at room temp is fine as long as you use dextrose.

Will I need to add yeast at bottling in order to carbonate in a reasonable amount of time?

I used 2 pkgs of saflager-23 into the primary.

I too will be bottling a batch of pils in about 6 weeks.

I've been reading that as long as you're done your lagering process carbonating at room temp is fine as long as you use dextrose.

Will I need to add yeast at bottling in order to carbonate in a reasonable amount of time?

I used 2 pkgs of saflager-23 into the primary.

No, you probably have plenty of yeast in suspension. Adding 1/3 of a package of dry yeast won't hurt, but isn't necessary unless you lagered for an incredibly long time.

Yooper...After posting my response/question I reviewed the posts and came accross some of your responses, very similar to this one. Thank you!

Does it matter what type of yeast if I decide to use it at bottling time.

For instance. Can I use an ale yeast even though I used lager yeast for fermentation?

Latest posts

Back