What size gasket for standard water heater element

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

alewhatcuresyou

Reaction score
The gasket is shot on my water heater element and I am looking to replace it with food grade silicone. This is a standard threaded element
(that is 1 inch NPS I believe)
do any of you know what size those are?
Thanks in advance for any help.

The Amazon link at my TheElectricBrewery.com site that was posted has 25 for $10.12 (40 cents each). Your ebay link has 10 for $6.37 (63 cents each). Not sure how that's 18 times cheaper.

Kal
Just wanted to mention the shipping is not free at amazon unless you either buy over $35 of qualifying merchandise or are a "prime" member...
I ususally use ebay myself since the search engine is more straight forward, amazon has a shady setup in my opinion. when you search for something is takes much longer to find the best vulue because the same sellers often sell the same products at different prices under different categories... this has proved to be better for the seller at the consumers cost.

Side rant,

I just ordered two 16 gallon stainless bayou kettles last Wednesday at the same time from the same seller (Bing) selling both on ebay and amazon... the kettle ordered through ebay arrived Saturday.... I got an email from amazon today asking me if I want to cancel my order with them since the seller has not yet responded to notify them or me of any shipment being made... I have to request to be put in contact with the seller rather than just contact them direct according to the email... I have to admit my amazon transactions are usually much less painless...

Back