Beet 120V Element/Controller?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

schmeek

Reaction score
I bought a spike kettle a while ago with an extra 1.5” TC port I had intended on using for an electric element to help stabilize mash temps. Just wanted to know if anyone has a recommendation for an element/controller combo for this purpose?

Not really trying to boil but if it helps to reduce propane consumption that would be a big plus. Currently looking at the brau supply element with cord for $100. And maybe the inkbird IPB-16S controller (~$100?).

Seems like I can get a separate unit for mashing for about the same price nowadays, digiboil or whatever but I’d like to finish out my kettle and just stick to what I have for the lowest price possible.

Thanks for any input.

Personally, I wouldn't be comfortable with a gas burner under a vessel with a polymer insulated cord, and polymer fittings attached to it.

Brew on :mug:

Personally, I wouldn't be comfortable with a gas burner under a vessel with a polymer insulated cord, and polymer fittings attached to it.

Brew on :mug:
Good point. I will plan to use it for mash temps only then. Thanks for the heads up.

Back