What should I brew next?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Gsusbrew

Reaction score
I am just looking for some helpful advice on what to brew next.
This is what i have in stock currently
Kegged
Sierra Nevada PA Clone
Brown Ale
Cream Ale

Bottles
Cream ale
Oatmeal Stout
Whiskey Barrel Stout
Ginger Beer (the topped out at 14% )

Fermenting
Black IPA

Ingredients In stock i have
tons of 2 row
2 lbs Crystal 40
2 lbs Special B
1 lb Chocolate
2 lbs flaked corn

About 4 or 5 varieties of hops (i'm at work and I am not sure what i have)

Saf Ale 05
Saf ale 04

I would prefer no trip to the home brew shop if I don't have to.

What can I make that is delicious yet simple. I like a ton of different styles.
I was thinking a SMASH just because I haven't done 1 before but they seem kind of boring.

Anyway.... I appreciate any input here as I am stumped. Any links to recipes would be greatly appreciated.

thanks
G

I used to think SMaSH beers were silly because someone told me they were. I've brewed two and love it. They're only as complex as your hops, of course, but they're nice. I would do that. If you must add something else, I'd add a splash of C40.

You could make a nice red ale with those ingredients. A possible grain bill would look like:

10 lbs 2-row
0.75 lb C 40
0.75 lb Special B
4 oz Chocolate malt

With something like this I like to bitter it to around 25 IBU with something neutral and then use something a little more earthy with about 10 mins left in the boil (Willamette works great). I would go with the US-05.

You could make a nice red ale with those ingredients. A possible grain bill would look like:

10 lbs 2-row
0.75 lb C 40
0.75 lb Special B
4 oz Chocolate malt

With something like this I like to bitter it to around 25 IBU with something neutral and then use something a little more earthy with about 10 mins left in the boil (Willamette works great). I would go with the US-05.

I was thinking about the same thing actually.

How about something like a Wee Heavy? Can't remember if Special B is a normal ingredient in Wee Heavy, but I really want to make one with Special B.

I've made quite a few SMaSH beers. Most turned out great, and gave me a better understanding of the ingredients I was using.

Latest posts

Back