What should i brew next?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

wegchef

Reaction score
Looking to my fellow brewers for some suggestions on what to brew next. I'm an extract brewer, I currently have fat tire clone, DFH 60 min clone, and ESB on tap. I also have Sierra Nevada pale ale in the primary. If anyone has any good suggestions, please let me know. Any new recipes are always greatly appreciated.

Well,here's an interesting one (I thought) while I was sippin a 90min Imperial IPA,waitin on the bbq pit. A wheat beer that uses a yeast that produces banana flavors. I noticed the local Giant Eagle carries lemon & lime juice crystals in small boxes. Add some of each to the brew,with a like amount of orange zest. Tropicweise! Imagine combining banana,orange,lemon,& lime together in a wheat beer. Seems interesting to me.

Wegchef, I like your style. Just finished drinking my Sierra Nevada Pale clone. Can't say I have any suggestions, but the tropic weise sounds pretty awesome. Really just wanted to ask where you got the DFH 60 clone kit from?

I think I'll have my wife brew up the Tropicweisse in her ale pale. She did well with the Belgian wit clone,so...? I'm getting the FV's cleaned up now for the next batches. My cooper's FV will be working on my whiskely ale. A dark ale made more of a dark brown with plain amber DME,& conditioned with French oak soaked in 8 year old Kentucky bourbon.

try the Caramel vanilla cream ale (search the forums for recipe)! I haven't had a glass, but after brewing Sunday, i had a sample, and it tastes like it's going to be REALLY good!

Just be sure you use a blowoff tube.

I just did 2 of my summer weather brews (Belgian Single and American Wheat) and bottled them. A Brett Saison and a re-brew of my IPA are up in a few weeks.

BigBrewHawk said:
Wegchef, I like your style. Just finished drinking my Sierra Nevada Pale clone. Can't say I have any suggestions, but the tropic weise sounds pretty awesome. Really just wanted to ask where you got the DFH 60 clone kit from?

I have a clone brews book I purchased at my local borders. Most decent home brew stores should carry a big boy ipa kit. I can post the recipe on the forum if you are interested in making it.

That's why I'm brewing my Whiskely ale today. Forgot to take the yeast outta the fridge when I put the starter in there to cool down to pitch temp. Doooh! When this one goes into secondary,the tropiweisse goes into primary.:cross:

Yeah, that would be great, Weg. Was considering buying the (Surly) Ferocious IPA kit from Midwest. The customer reviews were outstanding, and numerous. Anybody tried that one?

Back