What OS are you currently using

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

What OS are you using right now?

• Linux/UNIX

• Windows

• Mac OS

• Other (BSD,Solaris, etc...)

Results are only viewable after voting.
Run ubuntu 32 bit on desktop A64 4200x2 2gig (due to my having problems with getting ubuntu64 to do updates correctly on my machine for some reason) with a partition for windows xp64 (which i havnt booted into for more than 6 months) SWMBO's old dell has ubuntu on it, she occasionally cusses at it as she has to do things slightly differently than she would with windows but eventually comes to realize that its more logical the unix way. New dell studio laptop has vista on it, but have repartitioned it and am working on installing ubuntu on it--funny thing is that its the model that comes with linux preinstalled on it (had some desires that werent offered with linux is why i got vista on it) but oddball **** for hardware--broadcom wifi is the biggest example so I am slowly getting it up to speed

ure can...Ubuntu on Dell | Ubuntu just buy a machine with a blank HD and install the OS of your choosing.

Make it simpler. :) He's a Dell user, show him a DELL site with Linux PCs. :)

Dell Home & Home Office | Ubuntu

I used to be a DIEHARD Debian user.

I blogged about it when I moved to Ubuntu.

My needs have changed, so has my distro. - Monochrome Mentality

Currently running a customized (Hardy mini install dist-upgraded to Intrepid and added X, Gnome and userspace apps) install of Ubuntu Intrepid on AMD64 on both my home and work PCs.

My wife runs Linux Mint.

I got a mac book last year and haven't looked back. I use windows at work all day and its ok. But I love coming home and being able to not deal with all the pc problems.

Mac OSX is based on BSD, not GNU/Linux. Even though they totally ripped off GNOME for the GUI, added some flashy graphics, and re-branded it.

:confused:

The OSX GUI has nothing to do with Gnome... It came from a company called NeXT - the original Aqua theme doesn't really feel gnome-like at all.

I use OSX for my primary machine, but tend to a farm of Solaris and RedHat machines at work.

Back