what im going to do to the next person likes the band Journey

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
You must be an Iron Maiden fan?

Just kidding...

I think Journey has a couple great bar songs that get the crowd pumped, but overall, they're not that great. I still have to respect any band that can make people go crazy 20 years later...

At least you probably don't have to hear Cheap Trick every 3 songs like we do in Rockford, IL. Cheap Trick got their start here, and because of that, people are obsessed with them. I see Rick Nielson all the time and he's a d-bag.

Here try this

Lobster Rage.jpg

Then I guess all these people need to get in the soul raping line..

Last edited by a moderator:
Was he actually singing in that video? Or was he trying to watch the game and someone noticed he was there so they played his songs?

Ugh...I feel you with the Journey thing. Stop trying to get me "pumped up". Stop making *****ebags out at the bar sing along...just stop it. Stop it.

Journey *is* like BMC. They're good at what they do, but what they do is terrible.

Yep, I downloaded "Escape" last night. Quality sucked, so I tried another torrent and got "Departure" or Greatest Hits or something.

I was actually impressed with the music. Perry's vocals were amazing. Not all the songs were THAT good, but most were much better than I thought they would be.

Hatin on Journey is like Hatin on Apple PIE!

Journey was a great band when they started out. It all went downhill once they picked up Perry. Infinity was tolerable, at best (I've got to admit, tossing that album on the turntable got me laid more than once) but after that..................

There are a number of bands that start out as very good bands, relying on their musical skills, but then feel the need to pick up a lead singer, and became, as a friend of mine called it, "wussified."

Chicago was a great band, but let Peter Cetera take over and became "wussified."
Journey was a great band, but picked up Perry, and became "wussified."
The Doobie Brothers were a great band, but picked up Michael McDonald........
Fleetwood Mac was a great band, but picked up Christine McVie and Stevie Nicks........

Journey was a great band when they started out. It all went downhill once they picked up Perry. Infinity was tolerable, at best (I've got to admit, tossing that album on the turntable got me laid more than once) but after that..................

There are a number of bands that start out as very good bands, relying on their musical skills, but then feel the need to pick up a lead singer, and became, as a friend of mine called it, "wussified."

Chicago was a great band, but let Peter Cetera take over and became "wussified."
Journey was a great band, but picked up Perry, and became "wussified."
The Doobie Brothers were a great band, but picked up Michael McDonald........
Fleetwood Mac was a great band, but picked up Christine McVie and Stevie Nicks........

I agree to a point, although I don't know that I've heard ANY Journey before Perry came on.

And as far as Fleetwood Mac, Christine McVie played on almost all of their albums and was in the band well before Nicks. Lindsey Buckingham joined when Nicks did, and I think his singing and playing was a boon for the group.

All of those bands Wussified, but most bands do after a time, and especially during that love balland era. I believe they were just evolving with the times.

But yeah, Michael McDonald and Peter Cetera suck it pretty bad.

Listen, everybody just throw your albums out the window, have a beer, and go buy Poison's Greatest Hits , ok?

or just go ahead, cut off your balls, and start listening to Brittany Spears.....then you can tell all of your friends you liisten to Brittany "faithfully!!"

Me and Steve went to the same high school and grew up in the same town. They hung his picture in one of the hallways at the high school :eek:

The original members of Journey were Santana's band at Woodstock. Kahoutek was a great record. Then they decided to go for the cash and hired Perry. They should all be caned.

I happen to like Journey. Not my favorite, but I like them. Metallica, on the other hand, sucks canal water.

going to make an executive decision about metalica...

thier first 4 albums were good, everything else "including" black sucked

enter sandman ='s enter my armpit vagina

sorry i havent done coke in years, does meth help?

The original members of Journey were Santana's band at Woodstock. Kahoutek was a great record.

Yes, exactly! Although Santana himself - eh. Though that's a different thread.

Then they decided to go for the cash and hired Perry. They should all be caned.

What's wrong with going for the cash? Honestly, all the musicians I know who talk **** about other people making big money do so because they aren't talented enough to make it themselves. I've had a number of friends land some huge money gigs, and to a one they were all extraordinary musicians.

It's way harder than people think to write an epic song that people still love to listen to 30 years later. That Journey's done so multiple times means that they're talented songwriters and musicians, if nothing else. Doesn't really matter if you like them or not, they can all 1) play most people under the table, and 2) plug their ears with wads of $100's to tune you out.

So there.

When I think of bands that sell out...I think of J.Geils Band. Before they did love stinks and freeze frame, they were a pretty good blues band.

But...that's off topic.

Back