What if I carbonated my keg through the wrong line?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

srpratt

Reaction score
So, carbonated an IPA today. Taste / color / aroma / heading was EXCELLENT. The beer is a win.

But, I made a mistake while force carbonating my beer.

I did my usual routine of (Corny Keg + CO2 @ 35 psi + shake-shake-shake) x three times. It got the carbonation where I wanted it...BUT...

ON the second time, I accidentally added the CO2 line to the OUT part of the keg. It made weird bubbling sounds when I added the gas, which made me inspect what I was doing more closely, and then I switched it.

Here's the problem: there's some moisture in my CO2 line, whereas there has never been any moisture before. Is this a problem that I need to correct ASAP? Should I get new hoses? Or is it fine? Thoughts?

Thanks!

#thatswhatigetforcarbonatinginmydarkbasement

Steve

If that's beer that back-flowed into the air line you might want to disconnect and clean it out. I have had that happen and later on it infected three kegs in a row. I thought I was going crazy, and cleaned everything several times before I discovered it.

Back