What I did for beer today

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I apparently ordered three pounds of hops last night while I was drunk. Didn't remember until I was looking through my e-mail and saw the confirmation e-mail this morning. Not the worst thing I could've bought, I suppose.

Just another reason to make more beer to get drunk again to buy more stuff to make more beer to get drunk again to buy more stuff to make more beer to get drunk again to buy more stuff make more beer to get drunk again and buy more stuff to make more beer to get drunk again to buy more stuff to make more beer to get drunk again to buy more stuff make more beer to get drunk again and buy more stuff to make more beer to get drunk again to buy more stuff to make more beer to get drunk again to buy more stuff ...

Emailed out score sheets for the comp I helped with. Oh the things I'll do for BJCP points. The guy running the comp scanned and sent sheets to me as bigger PDFs and I had to break them down to individual entries and email to the entrants. Wheee!!!!

Put some 3726 on the stir plate to brew something later this week. Not sure if I'm doing a hoppy wheat beer or LOTM b3 or something else with the Muscadines that are smelling so dang good.
If they had the orginal document files couldn't they have just exported them as .pdf files? Even with old software there are a bunch of programs that will take postscript data and turn it into a .pdf file...

Nailed it ...
Huh, never really noticed your signature before. It's been a while since I've read the Dresden files. :)

Took some pictures of my keezer.

10 gallons of too easy ale into secondary and brewed another 10 gallons of oatmeal stout .. its been a long day .. and now i have some steaks on the grill .. its my pay off

5 gallons of belgian tripel bottled tonight....taste test is verrry promising (8.5% = stronnng up front) hope they are good by Holidays!!

About to pitch the yeast on my weizenbock. It was Jamil's recipe, wheat malt was about 60% of the grain bill. Ended up with a stuck mash, and had to bump the OG up a bit with some DME.

Brewed my first small batch BIAB. Wanted to find a way to make beers when I don't want a full 5 gallons or deal with my 3 vessel system. Made a 1.101 RIS, with a big grain bill it was nice to do it on a small scale for cost and the fact I will drink them slow.

I cleaned some gear, and then racked a batch over to a keg. Put on gas.

Made my coworkers come with me to AHS so I could get some supplies for cider before going out to dinner. Picked up some pectic enzyme, campden, and yeast nutrient.

Last night I kegged 10 gallons of red IPA that turned out way better than expected and then I stepped up my starter to 1 gallon for Sundays brewday

Acquired some boxes to contain my collection of empty and full 22 oz. bomber bottles- got beer while I was there: Thirsty Dog's "Siberian Night" Imperial Stout and a growler of Stone's "Enjoy By" IPA for SWMBO.

I brewed the holiday brown ale today. I finally hit my target number with my new barley crusher. Now I wait for fermentation Than secondary with hazelnuts and cacao nibs!!! Can't wait to taste this one.

Got my ingredients for two gallons of hard root beer thanks to nizzles recipe had to get DME lactose and wlp001.

Got my first fill of co2 for my kegerator, built the kegerator, built an STC1000 fermentation temp control (moved the ranco to the kegerator), sampled my porter and my cider, both going well.

Spent the day fixing equipment around the property, then promptly killed and cleaned a keg, started crashing a couple of IPAs, cleaned the cobra tap I use for sampling kegs, and now with six kegs on line I'm gettin' my game face on for what hopefully will be Caps and Tee-Shirts Night at Fenway Pahk! :ban:

Cheers!

1. Bottled a porter I brewed for Christmas.
2. Created and applied labels to said porters.
3. Cleaned out a spot in my basement storage room for my fermentation chamber and brewing equipment so I can reclaim my bar for drinking instead of storing crap.
4. Watched some college football whilst drinking my HB IPA and sitting at aforementioned bar.

image-1240972029.jpg

image-2369430314.jpg

image-1783957976.jpg

Well done Ridire. Doubt I'll ever label homebrew, but it's cool when others do.

So far, I've racked a dark sour onto blueberries and am getting started on bottling ten gallons. If I do everything I need to, I'll transfer two more batches, one to brett and one to add vanilla beans and bottle a third, but I think I'll drink far too much to accomplish all that. ;)

TNGabe said:
Well done Ridire. Doubt I'll ever label homebrew, but it's cool when others do. So far, I've racked a dark sour onto blueberries and am getting started on bottling ten gallons. If I do everything I need to, I'll transfer two more batches, one to brett and one to add vanilla beans and bottle a third, but I think I'll drink far too much to accomplish all that. ;)

I thought I accomplished a lot today.

I love the labels, by the way. It's almost as much fun for me as making the beer. I just wish I were a little better at both...but it's getting there.

The kids love the labels, too. And this porter is going to be Christmas gifts, so it needed a label. The label is a picture of Mr. Potter, from Its a Winderful Life, scowling. It says. "Mr. Potter's Christmas Cheer Porter".

Stewarded at my first homebrew competition. Had 35 beers in the second round of judging with 3 different sets of judges at the table judging 3 different styles. Busy busy busy!! Was fun though, would definitely do it again- it was neat to be able to talk to BJCP judges though.

Well,my infected Maori IPA with all the yeast re-invigorated settle out slightly misty again this morning. Tastes way better,the NZ hops coming through nicely. A lil dryness left on the pallet though. Priming solution is cooling covered now. Gunna prime it to 2.3VCO2 rather than the 2.6 volumes I primed the other normal IPA to just in case. Glad the beer is salvable at this point. With a lil luck & more magic from God,I'll still get a decent beer.

Ordered next two kits...redoing Arrogant Bastard to improve upon & a Belgian White IPA (PM). These may be my last kits before diving into BIAB!! Though I only have 5 gallon cooler so may be modified partial mash/partial boil BIAB's for the larger grain bills...

Brewed 5 Gals of Pete's Golden APA, 5 Gals of Burt's IPA and bottled 5 Gals of Chocolate Milk Stout. And I had my 1st tasting of my Bells 2 Hearted IPA clone which was just at 3 weeks bottle conditioning. It's gonna be a good one!

Attempted to read some more on making rice wine. Failed. I've been drinking for three hours and can't concentrate anymore.

Built a counter flow wort chiller. Tried for 50' because I found 1/2 copper tubing on a great sale. I couldn't get all the tube inside the hose it kept binding up even with tons of soap in the hose. So I settled with a little over 26'. I can't wait to try it out. image-1098483317.jpg

image-4089155500.jpg

Bottled my Moose Drool 'clone' tonight.

I missed my OG by quite a bit so 10 days ago I added 10 oz of brown sugar to get it back in the ball park. As long as I was adding, I couldn't help myself and added a glug of maple syrup.

Cold crashed it Friday. It's the hardest yeast cake I have ever seen - almost like peanut butter! There was no way any of that was going to siphon into the bottling bucket!

Busted the neck off one bottle as I was capping. Curse you Anchor Brewing and your weak-necked bottles! ;-)

Bottled my Maori IPA yesterday,racking out from under the lacto sinse it smelled/tasted ok. Got 47 bottles out of it. gotta finish cleaning up today & soaking the bottling bucket after having cleaned it. Wanna be sure the lacto is gone. I figured soaking out the bottling bucket after having cleaned it would do. The beer wasn't in there that long. but the fermenter,racking tube & tube from the bottling wand along with the hop bag are goin south.

Built a counter flow wort chiller. Tried for 50' because I found 1/2 copper tubing on a great sale. I couldn't get all the tube inside the hose it kept binding up even with tons of soap in the hose. So I settled with a little over 26'. I can't wait to try it out. View attachment 155295

View attachment 155296

That is a thing of beauty my friend :mug: Nice work Jeff!!

unionrdr said:
Bottled my Maori IPA yesterday,racking out from under the lacto sinse it smelled/tasted ok. Got 47 bottles out of it. gotta finish cleaning up today & soaking the bottling bucket after having cleaned it. Wanna be sure the lacto is gone. I figured soaking out the bottling bucket after having cleaned it would do. The beer wasn't in there that long. but the fermenter,racking tube & tube from the bottling wand along with the hop bag are goin south.

I don't think this is necessary. Soak it in 1.5x strength StarSan for 1 week, then put it in direct sunlight for a day.

"She gone"

Got some bugs and critters in my biere de noel, might be ready for xmas 2014. Got brett going on the stirplates and fed my lacto. Collected the first ton or so of wood I've been cutting to keep the electric company from taking all my beer money this winter.

Latest posts

Back