What I did for beer today

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Went to our LHBS which is closing their doors for good. Got to say my goodbyes and chat for a while, also got more disconnects for my pumps, some yeast, and brewing salts. Going to suck seeing them go. Walked in a little over a year ago with absolutely no knowledge of brewing, now I've got a great AG setup and brew some pretty good beers. Cheers to Larry's Brew Supply, you will be missed!!!

20170316_213925f48c0.jpg

My yay bestest most favourite pastime activity...

Put a bag of Rahr Pilsner & a bag of Weyermann Bohemian Dark in buckets for transport to my storage unit.
Cleaned up around my brewery(garage) and planned out my next few brews.

Bottled two separate gallons of beer left over from the last two brews. Cleaned some wine bottles (for a mead) and cleaned a fermentor from the last brew I kegged the other day.

20170321_000502fb31c.jpg

Labeled a few sampler bottles to be taken to the neighbor tomorrow for scrutiny. Still debating should I resist temptation till next wednesday as I originally planned (my BD) or give in and pop a few this weekend ;) should already be done.

Labeled a few sampler bottles to be taken to the neighbor tomorrow for scrutiny. Still debating should I resist temptation till next wednesday as I originally planned (my BD) or give in and pop a few this weekend ;) should already be done.

What's the QR code link to?

Got my vacuum sealer in the mail and sealed up 4 pounds of hops. My new kettle should come in tomorrow and then I am just a few days from my first brew on my new rig!

Took friday off, too tired and stressed. Probly gonna spend most of the three day weekend at the garage sorting stuff out and finding storage places for all my brewing gear. Pity I can't brew right now as all my bottles are currently either full or earmarked to be filled. Speaking of, bought two bags of PET caps for the IPA which will be bottled this weekend if it would finally stop fermenting!!

Can't resist, two Foxys currently cooling in the garage fridge ;) Tasting night tonight!

Bottled a one gallon experimental brew... Pitched a small amount of dregs from bottle conditioned beer into leftover sparge with DME and maple syrup to raise the gravity to 1.035. I know it's really no big deal, but it's the first time I used dregs and the result is drinkable. I also have a more ample yeast sample in the fridge now.

Yesterday I scrubbed down my kegerator, cleaned kegs and brewed 2 SMaSH lagers.

Washed some yeast! I also cleaned up around the brewery a little. Waiting to brew again. Probably this weekend.

Worked on the kegerator. Had to build some stabilization for the back kegs. Wasn't confident they would just sit on the back hump. With that ready for testing, I need to work on the gas hose system. Hopefully can get that done this week, plus a brew day.

Cut off some corny keg gas tubes and cleaned a few kegs. Getting ready to brew again after a year and a half (or so) hiatus.

I dry hopped my clone of Two Hearted ale with 2oz of centennial. Just poured them straight in the primary, sans hop sock.

Checked my wee heavy that I wanted to bottle this weekend. Dizzamn if there isn't the start of a pellicle on about 15% of the surface area!!

Don't quite know how to address this issue, but I know I don't want a sour wee heavy.

Grumble grumble grumble...

Bottling my Two Hearted clone today.

Pouring out my infected wee heavy as an offering to the god of sanitation...

Homebrew marathon today. First thing in the morning I brewed a bitter. After cleaning and lunch I kegged a maibock. Then cut a piece for the kegerator and worked in the hop yard. Now having a homebrew. Might do it all again next week.

Brewed a Russian imperial stout today- yesterday I bottled 5 gallons of an 18month old Flanders red on sour cherries and also brewed 5 gallons of a Munich helles. Great beer weekend

Moved this back into my pantry, ever try to get a 30" wide fridge through a 30" wide door? Had to remove the ice maker solenoid because it stuck out, and a couple bolts because the heads were catching. Drilled the door and got the faucets mounted. Waiting on some parts to come in so I can plumb things but getting close to kegging! Drilled for 3 faucets, will order 1 more next month. Need to clean it up(it had been in my front porch and got mud splattered and dirty this winter) and then maybe paint it... has a little rust starting here and there.

IMG_20170404_202655553_zpsqjmnk0yi.jpg

I checked all four of my frementers to make sure things are moving along as planned and to top off the airlocks. (#1 - Tart of Darkness Clone [6 months in] #2 - Hard Cider #3 - Consecration [ 9 months in] clone #4 - I Heart IPA)

Back