What I did for beer today

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Cleaned three corny kegs and transferred my Christmas Ale into one of them. Should be perfect by Sunday for our extended family Christmas celebration! Making root beer tomorrow!

Labeled 46 bottles... they look great. Cost me about 30 cents at the most to do them all.

Made up a batch of Rootbeer! Wow that was a trip. I have not made a batch in 10 years. The kids asked me to do a batch for our extended family Christmas gathering on Sunday. It is in the keg now and should be ready by then.

going to get a beer gun to bottle my xmas beer..Might get ingredients to make another batch of something..Im thinking wooky jack clone.

Finished my mash paddle just in time to use on 24lbs of grain I will be mashing for a 10 gallon IPA tomorrow. Cheers!

MashPaddle.jpg

Built my first STC 1000 controller, and now wish I had sprung for a pre flashed version...but it came out good! Hardest part was trying to cut through the project box with a utility blade. And it gets twist lock plugs because I had a wall outlet and 2 plugs left over from my ebrewery.

IMG_0471.JPG

Today was a good day for beer. Delivered most of my Christmas gifts (mixed 6 packs of home brew) to friends, went to the LHBS to get supplies for next weekend's brew day, and currently the yeast starter is spinning on the stir plate.

Built my first STC 1000 controller, and now wish I had sprung for a pre flashed version...but it came out good! Hardest part was trying to cut through the project box with a utility blade. And it gets twist lock plugs because I had a wall outlet and 2 plugs left over from my ebrewery.

Nice! Nifty little inexpensive controllers. Still have 1 left for fermentation control, but lack room. Only room for this...

View attachment 1419217283048.jpg

Today we did Christmas early and my mom was generous enough to get me one of those Rubbermaid car caddies that has cup holders and various compartments for junk, cell phones, charges, sunglasses, etc. Having absolutely no need for something like this I thanked her and promised I would find a use for it.

After I got home I was checking on the three beers I have fermenting and looking at all the random brew related stuff I have in my fermenting closet. Then it dawned on me! I have a perfect holder for all that stuff now! So, in it all went:

IMG_20141221_203346_543_zpseedaade5.jpg

Thanks Mom!

Cleaned equipment, weighed out 2lbs of hops into ounces, brewing a iipa, then dry hopping a different iipa. Feeling like I got stuff accomplished.

Last night I tossed in roughly 8 ounces of espresso beans in my stout. Spent the afternoon today cleaning and delabeling bottles. Finished the day off with bottling my coffee stout! Now to be patient and not taste it for 2 months :rockin:

Dremel tool goes right through that plastic - the little wheel thingy.

Brewed a new batch.

Big Ass Texas Brown Ale ! (Extract + steeped specialty grains and bittering hops! (Amarillo) flavoring hops (Willamette)and aroma hops (Cascade)

Full one hour boil.

Cleaned all equipment.

Delabled 48 bottles and cleaned them.

Two hours later airlock is showing activity ! :ban:

This is my third brew.... This s**t is addictive ! :rockin:

Brew on my friends :mug:

Bought a leaky ball lock keg off Craigslist for $20 bucks. Fixed the leak. :rockin:

Cleaned Kegs, yeast starter vessels, and a couple carboys.

Filtered my Imperial IPA (which is a gift for my brother in-law for x-mas) and force carbed it. Planning on transferring to bottles once carbed.

Yeah, you can do a lot with a Dremel & cut-off wheels. The cylinder-shaped router bit comes in handy for routing holes for spigots, airlocks, etc. I gotta clean up the man-cave today & get some 24 bottles washed, dried & stashed. Son is supposed to bring his fiance over on Christmas during the day?...I also need to get spring water to brew up another batch of ESB by then. I thought it might be cool for her to see one fermenting away at that point?

Kegged my WakItTuMe IPA and cleaned some flip top bottles to fill with my Christmas Cheer Beer Oatmeal Stout!

Need to clean a bunch of carboys before I brew my next batch...

Made a wooden crate that will hold a case of bottles while the beer ages...and made a set of steps for my brewshed so that I can stand above the carboy when racking to secondary or above bottling bucket.

Drinking a few after having 13 people over for a Christmas meal after 4 days of intensive "spring-cleaning". I gave my all, now some beers do, too...

Matter of fact, I'm still using the bottle brush I bought a couple years ago. Bought the wife a regular beer bottle brush & a wine bottle brush for glasses, vases, etc. She likes'em! I got 7 bottles each of my Bavarian hefe & Dampfbier in the fridge, was already cold so it should go well for Christmas. Got more bottles to clean, etc.:mug:

So I'm in between brews and was bored. No school, no basketball practice, so I decided to finally do something with the hundreds of beers caps I've been saving. My original is to make a coffee table with them but wanted to do a trial one first.

123456789.jpg

Back