What I did for beer today

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Talked to a friend from work today about brewing. Going to take him to the LHBS to get supplies for his first batch. I love bringing converts to our side :)

captianoats said:
Pulled 4 glasses out of The keg I plan on filling up next

Ha the things we sacrifice for our beer. Wife and I are on the 4th pitcher of a Vienna lager, trying to make room for the next keg....

Steped up my starter, and made 2lbs of belgian candi syrup for a dubbel I am brewing on monday.

Xtant said:
I guess I could've taken that approach, but instead I just ordered four more kegs...lol

Good plan. We selectively forgot about the 3 empty keg in the basement....

Went to the LHBS and picked up everything I need to brew a CA Common. Have the starter going now and waiting to see how quick it is going to finish off to decide if I brew this weekend or next.

Checked on my planted rhizomes for signs of growth. Alas none that is visible, practicing patience for the time being.

Placed a keg kettle (single weld) on hold for pick up next week at Adventures in Homebrewing. Can't wait to have a large enough kettle to call my own!

Qhrumphf said:
Drinking a Wee Heavy, watching the Caps/Rangers game, and after the game I'm brewing a saison.

C-A-P-S! I missed the first 38 minutes at my own coed baby shower. Caught Chimmer's goal, though.

Bottled a Tripel that I brewed on 1/14, racked a Quad over to secondary after a month in primary.

And not much doing for beer related, more beer doing s*@# for me related, but got a few pints of Schlafly's AIPA on tap today as well. Should be a good summer :mug:

bought an immersion chiller, airstone and aquarium pump, 15lb propane cylinder, 15lbs of grain, timer for hop additions
now i'm boiling water in my two aluminum kettles to get a good oxide layer before tomorrow's epic brewday (partigyle english barleywine/esb)

Looked at my PacMan starter for my Russian Imperial Stout that I am brewing next weekend. Next weekend is going to be a good week for beer for me!

Dry hopped my IPA and ordered two pounds of hops (Simcoe, Centennial, Columbus, and Amarillo) and a refractometer.

Bottled 3, 5 gal batches. 1 IPA, 1 tripel, 1 whiskey stout and tapped a keg of IIPA. Filled out the forms to enter a local contest, checked the sg of my saison, and my dubbel. Considering slowing down on the brewing for a month or 2, starting to run out of taps, kegs, and space for bottles. Productive day off though.

in the middle of a english barleywine/esb partigyle epic brew day
even with the 90 minute mash and 4 hours of total boil time, this will only be about an hour or two longer than my stovetop all grain 3g bathches thanks to the additions of a turkey fryer and immersion chiller
glad to give my new setup a test run before a coworker joins me next saturday.... although i'm running out of bottles!

checked my 10 gallon batch of Cream Ale that I split between 2 carboys. One carboy blew the airlock clean off the top of the carboy while the other carboy has only about an inch of krausen. I replaced both carboy's airlocks with blow-off tubes.

I kegged a 1.05 ABV summer beer. I am not to concerned if it is good it was a second runnings beer with left over hops and yeast. If it is good great if not oh well.

I read another chapter of Tasting Beer by Randy Mosher, its a very good book so far, lots of great information. I also tweaked a recipe I've been working on for a German Pilsner

Bottled my first homebrew! (NBs Cream Ale extract kit that was brewed on 4/9). Also, didn't hate the cleaning/sanitizing of the bottles (yet?).

Found that one of my old watering holes (Firewaters rt 1) went back from a 50 tap BMC to a 50 tap micro brew! Thank you new bar manager!

I am deeply involved in the ongoing process of evaluating beers I have made, as well as commercial examples in order to further my brewing.

Bulk purchased some pale 2 row and some pilsner with my BIL. looking at making 10 gal of orval clone because I have some wyeast 5526 brett strain just laying around begging to be used. If anyone has a good recipe to pass along I wouldnt say no.

Back