What I did for beer today

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Went to the lhbs for a new therm and caps
Brewed up my Summery Sweet Saison
Bottled my Hoppy Black Saison

Bought another glass carboy for smaller batches (3 gal)... Bottled 50 vanilla bourbon porters.

Taught a beginners brewing class at Maryland Home Brew. We brewed the Brewers Best Australian IPA with Australian Galaxy hops. Really looking forward to tasting this one in a few weeks. Too bad it won't be ready for Big Brew on May 5th, we'll just have to make do with our Pliny the Elder clone.

First batch of apfelwein done. 3 gallons in jugs (still), 2 gallons in bottles carbed. I'm a little mad at myself for not starting another batch as this stuff isn't gonna last long once its ready.

bottled and kegged six gallons of an American style brown ale (with the SRM of Newcastle) and racked an all-Centennial IPA from primary to secondary. Added an additional 1/2 ounce of Centennial for dry hop in the secondary.

Both hydrometer samples were fantastic. :mug:

T

Heating strike water for a berliner weisse right now. After that bottling my IPA and making a starter for a saison I'll do in the next couple days.

Bottled my latest experimental lawnmower beer, washed the yeast and harvested four beautiful pint jars of Bell's house yeast.

Bought some new patio furniture specifically because a few of us decided to start meeting at my house to sample wares of each others

Woke up way to early and made up a yeast starter before work this morning. It's Wyeast 1469 yeast I washed from another batch. And it's for a Timothy Taylor Landlord clone I'm brewing this weekend.

Also, did some research on this forum and plugged numbers into beersmith designing a wheat wine that will use nelson sauvin hops. Maybe with light toast oak soaked in pear brandy.

what i've done so far: drank a bottle of maris otter/cascade smash apa. popped open a one week old bottle of wheat beer for a taste test
what will be done after the mets game: decant the scottish ale starter and add more starter wort, prepping for my barleywine sunday

Got off work, mowed the yard, and am drinking delirium tremens currently.... So far, not a fan. But I will drink it anyway, because thats what I do for beer.

Washed, rinsed, disassembled and clensed two kegs for filling on Wed. I had quit brewing for a couple of years and had just left them empty and pressurized in a closet. 6 kegs total. 0 infections after 2 years. I'm sure the CO2 helped there, but...

Got off work, mowed the yard, and am drinking delirium tremens currently.... So far, not a fan. But I will drink it anyway, because thats what I do for beer.

Seriously? Love that beer. Ah well, to each their own. :D

On the topic of my beloved DT.... bottled my belgian tripel today. Sure, DT is a golden strong, but jesus, who can tell the difference between a tripel and a BGS anyway. ;)

KeyWestBrewing said:
Made a Blood Orange Ginger IPA recipe in my beersmith that I plan on brewing for our annual brewfest in September.

How much orange did u use?

Last night I ordered 4 kegs, 20 lb CO2 tank, and some keg lube.

My plan for tonight is to finish up Keezer 2.0, start cold crash 10 gallons of chocolate milk stout, 10 gallons of EdWort's Apfelwein, then get my old Keezer ready for scrap...

Gonna be a busy evening...

dand9066 said:
Finished cleaning up after my first all grain batch this past Sunday.

Ughhh I have to do this still. BK still has hops in the bottom of it. My shop vac filter is all clogged so I gotta go grab a liquid one from lowes .

I have tons of friends who like to come help me brew , and of course they all love drinking it. But I haven't found anyone willing to come and clean up after a brew day for a sixer or two. I think there would be a big market for brew day cleaning crews....

Last night I ordered a sight glass for my HLT and 2 burners for my brrew stand. Tonight I will be installing a sight glass in my kettle.

How much orange did u use?

I havent brewed it yet but as far as building the recipe... I plan on using the zest of 2 medium sized Blood Oranges and the fruit from 4 all added after fermentation finishes. Thats the amount that was called for in a Blood Orange Hefe recipe from Extreme Brewing so Im just taking that and applying it to an IPA made with Simcoe, Cascade, Amarillo, and 1 oz fresh grated ginger(added last 15 of boil).

I finally got around to cleaning my other fermenter just now,& got some more bottles to clean & store. gotta get ready for National Home Brew day on 5/7.

Tonight I will do something very important for beer. I will go out to our local pub and sample some fine beers produced by craft brewers.

Just cleaned and de-labeled a case of bottles and planned my California Common brew for this weekend.

It was inaugurated on Sat the 7th last year,& was assumed to be on the 1st Saturday of May. Def not the 4th. There's some links above...

Cleaned bottles. Currently sanitizing them in my dishwasher. Then, priming and bottling my Hefeweizen. All this after a full day at work. :drunk:

Dry hopped my Lil' Sumpin Sumpin, cleaned up my Barleywine overflow, put in fresh airlock, rigged blowoff for Amarillo Blonde, and listened to a podcast on cleaning agents for brewers.

P4240296.JPG

I finished swapping everything from from my dying freezer(background) to my new freezer...

Back