What I did for beer today

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Ordered a 4 pack, of 3 gal Pin lock kegs, from adventures in homebrewing. Gonna brew some smaller, strong batches, to fill em up.

I am going to transfer my IPA to a secondary and my husband is finishing making my keezer so the IPA can go in there. :)

Taste tested a local brew. Pretty darn good for a Shandy. ImageUploadedByHome Brew1399931067.581109.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Home Brew

Started soaking my oak cubes in bourbon for the bourbon barrel porter I brewed Saturday.

Picked up another 6'r of SNPA to go with the remains of the 12'r I bought a couple days ago. Still got some FG samples to take. Oh,how I hate 100 mile Mondays...muggy,rainy ones in particular.

Kegged a batch of IPA, transferred under CO2 pressure. (First time)

Dry hopped in the keg with 2 oz's Citra.

Dropped an oz of citra pellets on the floor, picked up most of it. (Don't judge me)

Cleaned a carboy, and sanitized it.

Ordered a 5 sacks of grain, for a San Diego Area Group Buy (Thank you, daksin).

Brewed a saison with the remainder of my WY 3726.

Got all 3 of the boilermakers cleaned up and seals replaced in preparation for a 10 gallon sour project to be brewed tomorrow.
Gonna use ramped up dregs from a Goose Island Juliet and this years cherry harvest to rack onto.

Washed about 100 bottles. Bottled a citrus wheat beer. . Went to lhbs for caps and ingredients fir a coffee stout .that's going to get funk a- fied. Bottled half of my brett saison and but the other half on oak lime and tequila... oh made a starter and broke a hydrometer

Mixed up some gelatin and added it my Kölsch.

Looked at my kegerator today.. After having an almost week long bout of a terrible stomach bug, even looking at beer is an accomplishment for me

Maybe I'll have a beer with dinner... Hmmm

Replaced my blowoff tube with an airlock on my bb porter and added my dry hops to the fermenter for my 15 min cascade pale ale.

Soaking my hydrometer/tube in PBW before a rinse & sanitizing with Starsan to test my Irish red & ESB. Hope they're done & clearing so I can think about bottling soon. Gonna be tough this week,as my son has to work starting in the middle of the day,6 days a week. His car goes into the shop Thursday morning,supposedly out by Tuesday when we drop mine off & pick his up. I'm on my last 30 day tag,he's on his first for the Mustang GT. Can't wait till this shizz is done,he gets his license & I don't need to be up at 3 am to go get him. Then my brew day options will open up more. Damn,it's always something....:confused:

Well,here's proof for getting the rehydrate/starter temp to within 10 degrees of wort temp. My Irish red's been in primary 16 days. Came out corrected to 1.021. The ESB being in primary 10 days is at 1.012,corrected to 1.014. Having been temp corrected within the 10 degree margin. It just goes to prove the worth of getting the two temps within 10 degrees of each other! :mug:

Checked gravity on my sumpin sumpin clone...11 days since pitch and she went from 1.07 to 1.012, damn I love Notty! Threw in the massive dry hops. Won't crash this one since it's a big wheat IPA, don't care if lil cloudy. Will transfer to keg in 7 days and start force carbing at 30 psi at 2.5 C for couple days and make sure she will be ready by memorial day weekend!!

Yesterday we filled three 5 gallon buckets. One deception cream stout and a 10 gallon cream of three crops it no the other two. I just pitched this morning.

Added a little Starsan to the airlocks I filled with 80 proof white lightnin' (used at the place my son works for BBQ sauce). Put away the other brewing stuff that was just layin' around drying. My ESB with re-hydrated S-04 went from 1.060 to 1.014 (corrected) in ten days!

Cleaned two kegs of PA that kicked & replaced w/ two kegs of Redhaired Rye Child Amber.
Racked my Dry Chocolate Stout to secondary & cleaned the primary fermenter.

Checked gravity on my sumpin sumpin clone...11 days since pitch and she went from 1.07 to 1.012, damn I love Notty! Threw in the massive dry hops. Won't crash this one since it's a big wheat IPA, don't care if lil cloudy. Will transfer to keg in 7 days and start force carbing at 30 psi at 2.5 C for couple days and make sure she will be ready by memorial day weekend!!

Where did you find the recipe? I've looked for a clone of this beer and was unable to locate it.

I tried it recently on advice of a friend and... Wow! It immediately became my second favorite IPA behind Two Hearted. Would love to try and brew this beer.

Nothing too exciting, measured and marked volume indicators on the demijohns I got for almost free. Likely won't use right to full 14gal capacity, but that's tons of headspace for a 10gal primary.

Making a yeast starter this evening (with Wyeast Northwest Ale) for the Caribou Slobber kit I'm brewing on Saturday.

I dry hopped my black IPA, and am about to clean a used fermenter that I bought two days ago.

Got ingredients for the two batches I plan to do over Mem. day weekend. One lawnmower beer (simple 4% Golden Promise/Centennial SMASH with 1007 yeast) and one Berliner Weiss - my first ever sour for which I'll use Wyeast 5335 and 1007. Can't wait.

Nursing my yeast starter (i.e., swirling it every once in awhile) for my brew day tomorrow. Also bottling my I Eat Danger For Breakfast stout from Jasper's tonight.

Gotta do a 2nd FG test on the ESB later & see if it's done. This cold front should help it settle anyway. Definitely gonna start cutting those whirlfloc tablets in half. what a mess. I'll bet the head on these beers will be terrible.

Kegged my Maytoberfest Marzen-style ale. Later I'll pick up ingredients to make a root beer for my nieces who are visiting in two weeks.

Made a starter of us-05 for my Cali Common... Must find bottles for my smash! Want to bottle tonight...

From Thursday but didn't have time to post till now:

Cleaned/de-labeled about a case and a half of random bottles I had sitting around
Bottled a batch of Apfelwein
Bottled a batch of Skeeter-Pee

I picked up a fridge from Craigslist yesterday and spent at least an hour washing it down this morning. No more lugging ice from work this summer!!!

Last night I bottled my RIS then oxy soaked the carboy overnight, brushed and cleaned it today and sanitized and racked my chocolate peanut butter stout over onto cocoa nibs and pb2 (peanut butter powder)

Portioned out spent grain to freezer bags from an English IPA recipe I brewed thurs, picked a beer bread recipe I want to make, and delabeled and stored a bunch of bottles for future sanitization..

Back