What has happened to men?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Who cooks steak in a kitchen? My wife can't cook meat to save her life. She can make good baked goods tho... Unless of course it involves yeast then its my dept again.

I must be way ahead of the game, at 26, there are only 4 things on that list that I can't check off

Sorry, I'd love to stay and chat, but I've got some Bailey's and a shoe...
"I'm Old Gregg, I've got MANGINA!"

Last edited by a moderator:
This is bailey's. This one is bailey's up close. This is bailey's as close as you can get without getting your nose wet.

Or something like that. The link didn't work and I haven't seen Old Gregg lately.

Every one here is soo busy being "manly"... you realize the brewing has historically been a woman's work?!?!?

Put your yard sticks away the "penis" measuring contest is lame.

I work in an office and think its pretty sad that less than half the guys there can't check there own oil, let alone change it.

I think brewing draws the diy crowd. That's why we got into it because we like to "tinker". I fix my own cars (last time one of them was in the shop was in the 90's) I normally fix stuff at home.

But it does make me sad when someone doesn't want to learn how to do something for them self, I think that is pretty pathetic.

i doubt anyone here ever heard that brewing used to be woman's work. (sarcasm)

also in this contest will we be measuring our own penises? or is there one penis that everyone has to measure. i think we should just do one, that way there's a standard. otherwise how do you know who's better at penis measuring?

mky375 said:
Every one here is soo busy being "manly"... you realize the brewing has historically been a woman's work?!?!?

I work in an office and think its pretty sad that less than half the guys there can check there own oil, let alone change it.

I think brewing draws the diy crowd. That's why we got into it because we like to "tinker". I fix my own cars (last time one of them was in the shop was in the 90's) I normally fix stuff at home.

But it does make me sad when someone doesn't want to learn how to do something for them self, I think that is pretty pathetic.

Lol mky you just said the penis measuring contest was lame, then you proceded to "slap it down"

Nothing like getting called out :eek:

bottlebomber you're right I did "slap it down"...

I went to make a point then wandered off in some other direction.

I was just trying to say its ok if someone can't do something... but not wanting to learning something new because it's hard work or you'll get your hands dirty is sad.

petermeter.jpg

In general the U.S. is starting to lack people who can/are willing to do hard work themselves. Mike Rowe recently went before a senate committee to show how dire our countries situation is in terms of lacking skilled labor (see link below). I teach high school science and I had a good conversation with my students the other day about how silly it is that society sees someone with a bachelor degree in art history as more successful than someone who has a two year degree and is a master welder.

http://dsc.discovery.com/fansites/dirtyjobs/mike-rowe-senate-testimony.html

we are probably going to need about 15 new welders in the next year due to retirements and new orders (if they keep coming). We are lucky if 15% of applicants can pass the welding test (we make pressure vessels). Welders make a good $ and will always be able to find a job.

I work hard for a living. I chose the wrong profession tho. I install, refinish and repair hardwood floors. I have a weak paycheck tbh. Defo should have gone for welding.

I work hard for a living. I chose the wrong profession tho. I install, refinish and repair hardwood floors. I have a weak paycheck tbh. Defo should have gone for welding.

That is def some tough work. I had a couple floor furnaces removed from my house and hired a couple guys to come patch the holes. These dudes permanently smell like stain/polyurethane. They looked like they were in there 70s, but given the amount of sawdust and fumes they must be inhaling (neither wore a resporater while working) they may have been in their 40s for all I know.

I'm not really busy being "manly". I don't see anything as women's work or as men's work. I think self sufficiency is the goal for me. Of course, I'm really not very manly at all. I am sort of girly and wimpy and almost feminine. I definitely can't measure my penis, that's for sure!

bruin_ale said:
That is def some tough work. I had a couple floor furnaces removed from my house and hired a couple guys to come patch the holes. These dudes permanently smell like stain/polyurethane. They looked like they were in there 70s, but given the amount of sawdust and fumes they must be inhaling (neither wore a resporater while working) they may have been in their 40s for all I know.

My crew uses modern techniques. 220 dust collection system on everything and water based product. I have done it old school tho it felt like the description of those guys tbh.

Yooper said:
I don't see anything as women's work or as men's work. I think self sufficiency is the goal for me. Of course, I'm really not very manly at all. I am sort of girly and wimpy and almost feminine. I definitely can't measure my penis, that's for sure!

Try getting a man to take a turn on breastfeeding... ;)

Yooper said:
I'm not really busy being "manly". I don't see anything as women's work or as men's work. I think self sufficiency is the goal for me. Of course, I'm really not very manly at all. I am sort of girly and wimpy and almost feminine. I definitely can't measure my penis, that's for sure!

Self sufficiency is key! Maybe you don't want to fix it and can afford to have it done but could you in a pinch? BTW, I think you are very manly...in a feminine sort of way;). You are always open to learning a new skill. That IMO, defines self sufficiency.

lumpher said:
this thread is still alive?!?

Going strong baby. Its mutated though lol

@Ischiavo I know your not insinuating that the desire to learn new skills and be self sufficient are primarily manly qualities... right? :confused:

bottlebomber said:
Going strong baby. Its mutated though lol

@Ischiavo I know your not insinuating that the desire to learn new skills and be self sufficient are primarily manly qualities... right? :confused:

Of course not. They are just good qualities IMO. Be you male or female, strive to learn a new skill whenever you can. It will pay off sometime...now where the he!! Did I put my breast milk?

Back